View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
A Series Map 1 Remade 
Skobbit

Post A Series Map 1 Remade
I've been working on a hex map for the A series modules and figured I'd share it here.
This is the player's version, with only towns and major landmarks listed.
http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg
Still working on the GM overlay, with all the dungeons and such I want marked. I've only read modules A0 and A1 so far, so I'm limited to the locations listed in those for now.
I'd appreciate any feedback for improving it.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:35 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: A Series Map 1 Remade
I believe it is "Ludensheim", not Lundensheim.

I think it looks pretty good! Needs a scale.

And welcome.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:58 pm
Skobbit

Thanks.

I was working off the map at the back of A0, which has it spelled Lundensheim. I see in the text though it is Ludensheim. I'll fix that then.

I created the hexgrid size based on the map scale so that 1 hex = 5 miles. I'll try to add in a compass and scale notation.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:18 pm
Mogrl

Thats pretty darn nice! What program are you using? I was thinking Hexographer, but when I enlarged/zoomed in, the details were too "pretty"" for it to be the Hexographer program I am familiar with.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:31 pm
Skobbit

Thanks Treebore. This was just made in using GIMP, although I did create the hex grid layer using Hexographer. I like Hexographer, but prefer mapping in GIMP because I can change layers on the fly.

I think I'll start over on this one though. I don't think it's very useful for play. Too messy, too colorful. I need to figure out a simpler style.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:05 pm
Mogrl

under_score wrote:
Thanks Treebore. This was just made in using GIMP, although I did create the hex grid layer using Hexographer. I like Hexographer, but prefer mapping in GIMP because I can change layers on the fly.

I think I'll start over on this one though. I don't think it's very useful for play. Too messy, too colorful. I need to figure out a simpler style.

I don't know. I think it looks pretty darn good once I enlarged it to full size.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:42 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Yeah, looks pretty darn good!

Welcome to the Crusade,

Rhu. :)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:05 pm
Lore Drake

Thanks. Great map. I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:27 am
Mogrl

dachda wrote:
Thanks. Great map. I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.

Botkinburg and Ludensheim.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:59 pm
Skobbit

Quote:
I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.

I actually rather like the Botkinburg map. My players haven't gotten there yet, but I created a splash screen here: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png
I'll add rumors to the board beneath the Botkinburg header and throw some portraits and nameplates for NPCs of note. But the little village map I think works well for the way I play. I wish I had something similar for Malforten and Ludensheim.

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:05 pm
Mogrl

under_score wrote:
Quote:
I'd love to see your skills used for a new version of the Botkinburg map. That little town map in the adventure could use someone with some skill to do it right.

I actually rather like the Botkinburg map. My players haven't gotten there yet, but I created a splash screen here: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png
I'll add rumors to the board beneath the Botkinburg header and throw some portraits and nameplates for NPCs of note. But the little village map I think works well for the way I play. I wish I had something similar for Malforten and Ludensheim.

I ended up doing my own for Ludensheim, my daughters character became the Baroness there, and she added a lot to it. So we ended up creating our own map. She was supposed to use her very good art skills to draw up a kind of birds eye view of how she pictures her city, but has never done it.

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:04 pm
Henchman

Great work on the map under_score! :)

Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:46 am
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

Akeisha Roberts wrote:
Great work on the map under_score! :)

Is this link still good: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png I keep getting an image removed message and no map.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:30 am
Mist Elf

My players are heading to The Vargolg this weekend. I am feverishly painting dragon lock tiles for the first set of rooms. This map will see use at my table, though. Thanks

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 am
Skobbit

dachda wrote:
Is this link still good: http://i.imgur.com/DRugrDY.png I keep getting an image removed message and no map.

This link: http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg is good. I never did get around to adding that scale and compass I mentioned above, or fixing the name Ludensheim. I've been reading over the first few modules again though and importing everything into a trello board, so I'll likely take another run at a map soon. I'd like to create a more detailed map that stretches from Malforten to Festung Akt and includes villages like Gipsheim and Dreddstun in it.

Mon May 01, 2017 2:15 am
Lore Drake

Great map. Can't wait for your next one!

under_score wrote:
dachda wrote:

This link: http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg is good. I never did get around to adding that scale and compass I mentioned above, or fixing the name Ludensheim. I've been reading over the first few modules again though and importing everything into a trello board, so I'll likely take another run at a map soon. I'd like to create a more detailed map that stretches from Malforten to Festung Akt and includes villages like Gipsheim and Dreddstun in it.

Tue May 02, 2017 3:12 am
Mist Elf

Awesome map :)

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Hlobane Orc

under_score wrote:
I've been working on a hex map for the A series modules and figured I'd share it here.
This is the player's version, with only towns and major landmarks listed.
http://i.imgur.com/v4ERH3X.jpg
Still working on the GM overlay, with all the dungeons and such I want marked. I've only read modules A0 and A1 so far, so I'm limited to the locations listed in those for now.
I'd appreciate any feedback for improving it.

Lovely map there. Good job.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

Nice map, thanks for sharing this!

Any chance you might be doing more of these?

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]