Egg Laying Goblins

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
DA Gamer
Henchman

Egg Laying Goblins

Post by DA Gamer »

Ok, so I am read the Codex of Aihrde and I am enjoying it immensely. Question though, I have earlier modules (Such as Attack on Blacktooth) and it references there being both female goblins and children...so are the egg laying goblin queens only for the Eldritch Goblins?

The prehistory seems to make it sound like the "hatched" goblins spring forth fully formed. (referring to the queen having large clutches of eggs ready to be hatched when the time was right for their armies to swarm the dwarf holds.) It also seemed like all the queens were hunted down?????

DA Gamer

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Egg Laying Goblins

Post by Rigon »

The way I read it is there are goblin drones (male and female) and they reproduce like ordinary goblins. Then there are the Eldritch Goblins that are born fully formed. There is one Queen and she lays eggs, which both regular goblins and Eldritch Goblins come from.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

DA Gamer
Henchman

Post by DA Gamer »

Always one to admit my mistakes....I got Monsters and Treasures of Aihrde and found the answer was there in the Eldritch Goblin entry. Sorry and thank you Rigon for the correct reply.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

No problem.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007