Victorious will be next...

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
maximus
Lore Drake

Re: Victorious will be next...

Post by maximus »

Tree, I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. Most likely won't make next week either. I have a 6 am flight Tuesday morning for work.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

They are talking about T-Storms hitting here tonight about the time the game starts or a little later. If the forecast is on, then I may have com problems (well more com problems than I normally have).

So, if I can't get in tonight, blame the weather ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm running late. Possibly an hour. I'll get on as soon as I'm able.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

I'll be there, but I gotta leave at 10pm. Just FYI...

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I hope some more of you plan on writing more character perspectives by monday evening. I am travelling on the train this weekend, so would love to catch some new write ups when I do lay overs that has wi fi. Definitely in El Paso and San Antonio.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I barely know what is going on; mostly Faith walked through a tunnel and drank tea.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am going out for a "Last Meal" with my youngest son, who is starting a Welding course tomorrow via the local Job Core. We expect to be back in time for me to run the game. Keep an eye on SKYPE, in case.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

I'm feeling like crap (might be coming down with something) so I might not be at the game. I'll try though...

Mike

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I learned 2 things last night ... that negative of lose control and have nightmare on a roll of 20 or 1 is a brutal negative, and that roll 20 does in fact HATE me !!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

So... I take it the game whent normally? ;)

Mike, not dead....getting better....I feel happy! <thunk>

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:So... I take it the game whent normally? ;)

Mike, not dead....getting better....I feel happy! <thunk>
Yep. As Lurker said above, Roll 20 does hate him...

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Not a lot of action, but good development and the final step needed to get us to start working together as a team

One thing I forgot, Has Galahad made heads or tails of the Turk's special gun ?

I know that with just a night and a morning he won't have broken it down and figured out all the details, but if he can at least let us know some basic info about it so we aren't blind sided ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Don't forget, Victorious tonight, instead of Rigon's game. We will return to regularly scheduled Rigon game sessions in two weeks!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Soooooo a Chaeta/Leopard sized house cat in the leather top hat with a vest ... that at least turns invisible ...

Is he the evil mastermind ... is he a potential ally .... is he a random red hearing to get us looking to soot covered roof tops for paw prints, instead of rooting out Turkish assassins in seedy flop houses ?????

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Soooooo a Chaeta/Leopard sized house cat in the leather top hat with a vest ... that at least turns invisible ...

Is he the evil mastermind ... is he a potential ally .... is he a random red hearing to get us looking to soot covered roof tops for paw prints, instead of rooting out Turkish assassins in seedy flop houses ?????

Good questions.

Hint: He didn't go invisible. He didn't attack anyone, and no bombs went off.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

"He didn't attack anyone, and no bombs went off"

Which is perfect cover for an evil master mind vs an evil minion. Plus, as a dog person, I HAVE to assume all cats are at the least the physical embodiment of chaos if not simply out right evil !!!

So, evil master mind is still on the table as far as I'm concerned ;)

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I'm getting hit with some big winds this evening, so if my coms go down, you all will know why I miss the game tonight.

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I hope everyone is now happy with their character. Tonight the "training wheels" are likely to come off to see if we can ride this bike.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Also, XP totals are now 1,070.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:I hope everyone is now happy with their character. Tonight the "training wheels" are likely to come off to see if we can ride this bike.
I'm only 1/5 the way to my first real test of insanity, so Schima is screaming 'bring it on' ;)

The winds have dropped off in the last 15 min or so, so I hope I won't have any issues

C&C Society

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Sorry guys, this is finals week and I've got some late tests and papers that must be graded. :(

Have fun killing the Turks without me...

Mike

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Roger now knows the significance of the Wisdom save he made, and rolled a natural 2 on.... Someone knows Rogers mind better than he does.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Roger now knows the significance of the Wisdom save he made, and rolled a natural 2 on.... Someone knows Rogers mind better than he does.

And on the drive to work this morning it hit me ...VICTORY POINT before a roll to auto succeed ....

I didn't even remember it was that low, & when I asked Faith to mind check me I was just guessing that he did something to mind track me, not thinking that he fully read my mind .

When she said that "someone has been here since the last time I practiced on you and moved the furniture around a bit" my heart sank ... Now he will know every secret and safe house and cache I have stored, everyone else's stories and powers , and be able to auto locate me ...

He may not know that I know that he knows, or at least not to what level he knows so I may be able to make myself bait for our trap ...

But we ALL have to remember USE VICTORY POINTS on the clutch rolls! Liams punch on him, Faiths mind blast to stun him, Miss A's flesh mold to stick the bomb to his hands ... The ambush will be a close run thing as it is and the victory points will make or break us !

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

With modifiers I think the rolls total was 5 or 6. Not taking into consideration his total for his power ranks. I think the difference was 1 point away from him knowing EVERYTHING about Roger. Which you actually lucked out on, because when I did the calculation I forgot to deduct his power rank from your roll. So I should have had him knowing everything about you, rather than nearly everything. Which since it was my screw up, I am letting you keep what little advantage you have.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

"Stand" Power:

This ability is the only power a given character can have. It manifests as a ghostly entity that has a "theme". Such as powers somehow related to a specific Tarot card, such as the Justice card, and the Stand manifests as a shining Knight, with a special "power" usable only when Justice is being fulfilled. A character who can summon a Stand cannot have any powers of their own, all powers must be taken for the Stand. They can give themselves skills, though. The Stand can have skills, but typically such skills will do no good. A Stand can only be summoned when someone is in imminent danger. A Stand can be summoned instantly to intercept, and take a hit, meant for anyone the Summoner wishes. This is the ONLY time a Stand can act out of turn (Initiative order). A Stand will go away once the threat is gone. The key thing is, a threat of imminent harm must be occurring in order to Summon a Stand. This would include summoning one prior to entering a room where a threat is known to be, or the Stand Summoner is about to go around a corner and deal with a threat they know is there. Typically, a Stand is summoned as an instantaneous response to a sudden threat, or attack.

Hamon Power:

Is a soul based power. It is invoked through a special breathing technique, that manifests once a Hamon practitioner can take 50 breathes a Second.The mental and physical discipline such an impossible feat takes, enables the person to manifest their own "Hamon", or soul energy. This energy can be used in a number of ways. First and foremost it is incredibly destructive against the Undead, as well as Demons and Devils. Touching such creatures will look like they have been splashed with liquid sun, and will instantly destroy "normal" specimens previously mentioned. Hamon can also be used to heal the Hamon Master, often keeping themselves from dying fro+m otherwise mortal wounds. They can also heal others of physical energy. Hamon can also be used to manifest an "armor", or "shield" of some kind to protect the Master from physical harm, such as projectiles. It can also be used to greatly enhance a persons physical Strength and Endurance.

The above based powers are a baseline for running a character based upon a character named JoJo Joestar. If you know that name, then you know what Anime these two powers are drawn from.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:Roger now knows the significance of the Wisdom save he made, and rolled a natural 2 on.... Someone knows Rogers mind better than he does.

And on the drive to work this morning it hit me ...VICTORY POINT before a roll to auto succeed ....

But we ALL have to remember USE VICTORY POINTS on the clutch rolls! Liams punch on him, Faiths mind blast to stun him, Miss A's flesh mold to stick the bomb to his hands ... The ambush will be a close run thing as it is and the victory points will make or break us !
I don't recall having any Victory points. Did I miss something?

RhiannonMM
Ungern

Post by RhiannonMM »

maximus wrote:
Lurker wrote:

We started out with three, and I think we have been getting one per session since.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

RhiannonMM wrote:
maximus wrote:
Lurker wrote:

We started out with three, and I think we have been getting one per session since.
Yes. This is correct. If my count is correct, everyone has earned a total of 11 VP's, minus any used. Which hasn't been very many.

BTW, new XP total in very first post of this thread, like Rigon does for his game. Some of you might have finally leveled.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Yeah, which would give us a buttload of VPs! Hey Tree, would Jacque get a VP for the missed session? I'd think not, but I don't know your parameters.

BTW, the "Stand" power is pretty interesting. I'd assume it would have to have a kind of "Intuition" component for the danger detection? If the justice paradyme wasn't there, this could make a rather interesting villain Tarot group! :)

Mike

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:Yeah, which would give us a buttload of VPs! Hey Tree, would Jacque get a VP for the missed session? I'd think not, but I don't know your parameters.

BTW, the "Stand" power is pretty interesting. I'd assume it would have to have a kind of "Intuition" component for the danger detection? If the justice paradyme wasn't there, this could make a rather interesting villain Tarot group! :)

Mike
Yeah, that was the story line theme for the Anime the idea came from. Then they moved on to the 9 Egyptian gods, of which they are through 5 of those, now. So I am curious to see what they use as inspiration for future Stand power themes.

As for missing sessions, no, you have to attend to get the VP's. So you and Maximus would be 2 or 3 behind everyone else.