Updating the Roll20 C&C Sheet Soon

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Zherbus
Henchman

Updating the Roll20 C&C Sheet Soon

Post by Zherbus »

Good Day Trolls,

Roll20 is one of the most popular VTT clients out there. The existing Roll20 C&C character sheet currently looks like this:

And here is a capture of the unformated roll output:

This doesn't look to have been updated for 7 years. The C&C Logo is broken and options/information are severely limited. The Prime section does nothing. There is also no tabs, which means it's very awkward for me to use these for monsters that typically have a lot of special attack notes and such.

I will be testing my new sheet this week to clean up any bugs that my group notices. If you don't want to wait, I have the code available for GMs to apply to their game manually. This can be done as simply as going to the Game Settings page, scrolling down to the character sheet, and selecting 'Custom Sheet': Image

From there, you can simply paste in the HTML and CSS code with no more fuss. Save it and launch your game.

Here is the preview of the new sheet:

• The Castles & Crusades logo now proudly appears.
  • There are THREE main tabs of the sheet. Character, Journal (for free text entries), and Monster
  • Here, we have more character customization options such as hair, eyes, height, and weight... because they were very easy to add.
  • Next, I have embedded the calculations for the Turn Undead rolls so that they will be a simple push button that takes into account level and attribute bonuses.
  • I've set the Prime to be reflected in the roll output with a quick and easy binary of 1 or 0.
  • I have included an initiative button (players will still need to have their token selected) that will add the roll to the turn tracker.
  • I have included an expanded saving throw section as things like racial bonuses aren't readily represented by the ability score additives and do not always have a flat value. For example, Halflings gaining a +1 to all con saves is easy enough to have just added another column to the ability score section, but their +2 to fear saves, elves +10 to charm saves, etc are all able to individually be represented here. This also allows you to add any magical item bonuses (ability score and level adjustments are built in, as they are with ability score checks).
  • I have added a skill section to build in some commonly used skills. This is pretty useful for Assassins and Thieves.
  • I have also added a spellbook section that allows players to quickly note the spell, the level of it, and how many they have memorized.

The output of all rolls is now a bit prettier as well.

The second tab gives room for any notes needed.

And finally, I have created a tab for monster entries. A feature that I enjoyed in other games, I can capture monster stats quickly, add special attack rolls with configurable rolls, and have a quick note section for anything the basic form did not catch.

anvil242
Hlobane Orc

Re: Updating the Roll20 C&C Sheet Soon

Post by anvil242 »

Thanks for doing this

Zherbus
Henchman

Re: Updating the Roll20 C&C Sheet Soon

Post by Zherbus »

The sheets code just got merged into Master for roll20. I'm guessing it'll be widely available for Monday.

EDIT, nevermind it's live now! Enjoy