My Son's game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

My Son's game

Post by Treebore »

My son is going to run a game on Skype this saturday and wanted too know if anyone was interested in playing. he is 14 and is good at running modules. He is running DCC #1 Idylls of the Rat King. The character's level start will be second and he has room for four more players. The world setting is Erde and ships are a new Tech. Here is Char Generation rules.....

1. four d6 keep highest 3 reroll 1's and 2's

2. you can roll 3 sets of stats

3. your alignment cant be evil CN is ok but not Evil

4. Starting gold is 1000

5. He makes the mage a sorcerer so no spell books needed, you know all spells for all levels automatically

everything else is as the C&C book
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Re: My Son's game

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:
My son is going to run a game on Skype this saturday and wanted to know if anyone was interested in playing.

And let him get revenge on me for all of the tricks and jokes I have played on Clemson? Never! I could see my character very quickly being charmed by an NPC into doing inappropriate things in a tavern.

Just kidding Bran! If it is a 1 shot type deal, I could give it a go. Me likey spellcasters with unlimited spellbooks

Homer Simpson

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: My Son's game

Post by Treebore »

Aramis wrote:
And let him get revenge on me for all of the tricks and jokes I have played on Clemson? Never! I could see my character very quickly being charmed by an NPC into doing inappropriate things in a tavern.

Just kidding Bran! If it is a 1 shot type deal, I could give it a go. Me likey spellcasters with unlimited spellbooks

Well you just made his day! That makes three players, me, Zulgyan, and you. Plus I am helping him DM, he is good on the mechanics, but he is still working on "flow" and role play. He still has a choppy feel to how it goes, but he is a lot better than he used to be. He has a hard time getting the role play going, but once it gets going he does it very well. Better than me by a couple of levels.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Its Bran,

Ok now you dont have too memorize spells for the day just pick the spell you want to cast at your turn. just send you char when it is made to me via E-mail. it probably will last one day but if it doesnt we will continue on the next saturday

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Start time will be 4 PM PST, so 7 PM EST, so I believe that means 8 or 9 PM for Zulgyan in Argentina. We'll play for however long everyone wants to, or the module is finished.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

I got to ask the wife if I can......... but if she says sure honey do your thing I will join.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

alrighty if you can play let me know what you will be

Zulgyan
Hlobane Orc

Post by Zulgyan »

I'm running my LCoB game on Saturday! I hope I can get to your son's game in time. Time zone difference might help.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

What time do you normally finish your LCoB game, your time?

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:
Start time will be 4 PM PST, so 7 PM EST, so I believe that means 8 or 9 PM for Zulgyan in Argentina. We'll play for however long everyone wants to, or the module is finished.

On further investigation, I have been advised I am going out Saturday night (and probably Sunday afternoon as well) for a family birthday. You almost had me in your clutches Bran!

I see Zulgyan may have a time thingy too. What about Friday night, or Sunday night?

(...Or is Rigon's game Sunday?)

Riddick: Looks clear.

[Johns steps out. A creature runs at Johns from its hiding spot before taking flight.]

Johns: You said it was clear!

Riddick: I said it 'looked' clear.

Johns: Well, how does it look now?

Riddick: Looks clear

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Friday can work too. In fact I, Treebore, would prefer Friday.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Sounds good. What say you Zulgyan and Nwelte1?

"The following tale... is true. And by 'true,' I mean, 'false.' It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is no"

Leonard Nimoy, the Simpsons

Zulgyan
Hlobane Orc

Post by Zulgyan »

My girlfriend and I, toguether with another couple, are dinning at a very nice local restaurant. I'll get home about midnight, but I'll have to sleep and prep for my saturday's game...

On saturday, I'll be back home at midnight I suppose. That would be 8.00 pm Treebore's time.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Aramis wrote:
(...Or is Rigon's game Sunday?)

Yes.

Bran, I would love to join your game, but I'm pretty sure I'll be out of town (again) on Saturday.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Take it from me guys, Bran's quite descriptive and witty for his age...

...with very cool one liners; that's one lad destined to be a great CK, and future writer.

Draupnir
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well thats cool Rigon because I changed the game date too Friday if you want too play....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draupnir

Take it from me guys, Bran's quite descriptive and witty for his age...

...with very cool one liners; that's one lad destined to be a great CK, and future writer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Don I am glad you think that and it is very inspiring. Are you going to want to play my game or are you busy?

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I truly wish I could, but my weekends are gonna consist of travel and spending time with my lovely wife from here on in.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

slimykuotoan wrote:
I truly wish I could, but my weekends are gonna consist of travel and spending time with my lovely wife from here on in.

What? Didn't you just move into a dorm and are back to college?? If so, where you gonna travel to on the weekends???

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Thats Ok Don have fun with your travel..... What about you Rhuvein? do you wanna play?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Friday would be alright, except that we are leaving Friday night and won't be back until sometime Sunday. (Don't worry guys, I won't miss our start time.)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Sweet... my wife gave me a thumb up and free ticket to play......... sweet I will be there friday.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Titania Lefey wrote:
Thats Ok Don have fun with your travel..... What about you Rhuvein? do you wanna play?

Yes, very much. I'm just not sure yet. So I will continue to check/re-arrange/ cast spells to make things better/and watch for planetary alignment.

Saturn rules my world, even if big brother Jupiter likes to really shine some nights.

Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

ok for those that are playing my game but dont know my E-mail it is borzoiaddict@yahoo.com Thats for the Char sheet of your guy but I would like you too post what your are going to be. Aramis I laready know you are going too be a spell caster so just send me the sheet.

Deuce Traveler
Ungern

Post by Deuce Traveler »

I'd like to tenatively add my name to the Friday game. I won't know until tomorrow if I am having company coming in for a visit from out of town, but if I don't I'd like to get me some CnC time.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:
ok for those that are playing my game but dont know my E-mail it is borzoiaddict@yahoo.com Thats for the Char sheet of your guy but I would like you too post what your are going to be. Aramis I laready know you are going too be a spell caster so just send me the sheet.

Alright, here is a preliminary idea for a character. But first, an advertisement from our sponsor:

Ladies, Gentlemen, Humanoids of all ages.

Come one, come all, and be mystfied, stupefied, and petrified, by
The Amazing Martini!

Watch as he Hypnotizes a small child and gives him the strength of an Ogre!

Be amazed as spirits from beyond fly around the room (with fireworks)!!

Wonder as he makes a cupboard talk, and a shoe cry!!!

And, of course, stay to the end and watch as a volunteer from the audience is actually sawn in half!!!!
(please note, due to recent difficulties, no guarantee as to the safety of the volunteer is either granted or implied)

Don't wait. Can't be late. It will be great.

The Amazing Martini!

Shows Nightly

Seated: 1 g.p. Standing : 2 s.p.

Proprietor: Thelonius M. WorryKnot, Esquire

In other words, I am thinking of a gnome with powers of illusion. However, due to an unfortunate incident recently, with the "sawn in half" trick, he has had trouble gettig permission in towns to do his shows. Thus, due to unlucky circumstance, and to make ends meet and feed his 14 (imaginary) children, he has resorted to the skills of a nefarious cat burglar and second story man.

So: gnome illusionist/thief. However, if the module is very undead heavy or fungi heavy or something, being an illusionist will be pointless so change me to wizard/thief.

Should I take the XPs of a 2nd level illusionist and split between the two classes?

Homer Simpson

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well thats good for you then Martini because the mages in my game are sorcerers so that means mages are illusionist's at the same time and since this is a one time thing you can be 2/1 2nd level (fill in blank)/ First level (fill in blank) this goes for all not just Aramis

Bran (the CK of death) jk....(or am I...)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Ok guys

My game is tommorow so heres the deal. I need you too post what you are going too be and send me an E-mail if you are having trouble deciding here is a helpful hint....the Module says a cleric and a rouge would be helpfull since we have a multi class rouge then rouges covered but if you wanna be a cleric thats cool. my skpe name is Titania_lefay it was my sis's account originally but I got it so any who game time is 4:00 my time so for you guys on the east coast it will be 7. You can be 2nd level sometin and multi class with 1 level other class please post what you are going to be and what your name is by tommorow

Bran

Deuce Traveler
Ungern

Post by Deuce Traveler »

Ok, looks like I'm in the clear for tomorrow.

I'd like to play Sergeant Brottor Balderk, 2nd level dwarven fighter.

Brottor Balderk wasn't your normal, everyday dwarf. Ever since the young age of forty he wanted to become a knight in the service of the local human kingdom. He was mesmerized with how their armor shone in the sunlight and their lances fiercely gleemed when riding on horseback. He took to reading everything he could find on knights and took upon their habits, including the worship of Durendle, practicing more with the sword than the axe, and drinking alcohol only in moderation. Of course, this did not sit so well with the other dwarves, and on his fiftieth birthday he finally left the clan to find his own place in society. His mother, crying and wailing on his shoulder as he left didn't do much for making him feel very knightly. Shouldn't she be saying something like 'Come back with your shield or on it?' Ah well, off he went to become a knight.

Unfortunately, the recruiter he found wasn't the most virtuous of men, and enlisted him for two years in the army with promises that it would lead to a knighthood if Brottor performed well enough. Brottor was placed on border duty for two uneventful years. The dwarf stood out amongst his undisciplined comrades, who were normally selected for border duty to get them away from posts where they could cause trouble. Brottor's uniform was always polished, his sword always clean. He impressed some of his superiors so much that he earned a promotion to sergeant within eighteen months. He wasn't much liked by the privates after such a quick jump in the ranks, but they never liked his 'I'm going to be a knight' talk anyway. That, and he never really understood it when they told him that even knights don't walk around all the time saying things like 'Come men, it is time to do our duty and guard this land from evil, this holy day!' or 'By Durendle's righteous glory, you call that a boot shine?!'

After his two year enlistment was up, Brottor decided to leave the military as it began to dawn on him that he might not ever become a knight if he continued on an uneventful garrison duty. He left with the few belongings he has left to seek his fame that will lead to a knighthood elsewhere.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Ok interesting story. you have quite a imagination. anywho so we have two Fghters and a Mage 2/rouge 1 I know I have 1 other player that still need to post what he is so I will just say this. Play your favorite class even is it isn't a healer if you guys want a healer I can roll up and NPC cleric that for healer. just didn't want anyone too think that Gawd they were gonna be forced into being the Healbot again

Deuce Traveler
Ungern

Post by Deuce Traveler »

If no one wants to be a healer, I can change my dwarf to a cleric and have him want to become a paladin. His background story will work either way.