100 Exciting Encounters 1st Level Encounters PDF

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
jamesmishler
Ulthal

100 Exciting Encounters 1st Level Encounters PDF

Post by jamesmishler »

100 Exciting Encounters 1st Level Encounters provides the Castles & Crusades Castle Keeper with 100 ready-made encounters for use in any campaign. The encounters included on these tables are designed to be challenging for parties of three to eight characters where most if not all characters are 1st level. If you need an encounter for 1st level characters, simply roll d100 and consult the table! A range of numbers of creatures encountered is included; the low end for smaller parties (three to five characters), the high end for larger parties (six to eight characters). Note that some encounters are designed to be rather tough; however, at some point early in their careers all characters should learn that discretion is the better part of valor and that it is better to run away to live and fight another day!

Encounter formats should also vary by environment. The encounters listed herein assume a dungeon environment, but most of them work for other environments. No standard treasures are included with these encounters, but you can readily add treasures using the related product series, 100 Treasure Troves, of the appropriate treasure types (which are listed with the encounter).

Examples of encounters include:
#13: Skeletons (2-12) N Medium Undead (Com.); 1d12 HD; HP: 3x12, 11, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 2x3, 1; AC: 13; Move: 30 ft.; BtH: +1; Attacks: 2 Claws (1d3) or Weapon; Special: BS 120 ft., Undead; SV: P; Int: None; TR: 1 each; XPV: 10+1/hp each. There is a 25% chance that a skeleton will be armed with a random melee weapon, and a 1% chance that it is a magical weapon of random sort.
#40: Acolytes (Humans) (2-12) AA Medium Humanoids; 1d8 HD; HP: 2x7, 3x6, 4, 4x3, 2x2; AC: 14; Move: 20 ft.; BtH: 0; Attacks: Weapon; Special: Turn Undead; Spells: three 0th and two 1st level cleric spells each; SV: P; Int: Average; TR: 1 each; XPV: 9+1/hp each. All the acolytes will be of the same alignment and faith. Acolytes are usually armed with mace and sling, and wear ring mail and carry a medium wooden shield. If there are 10 or more acolytes, add a Priest with 3d8 HD, 12 HP, AC 15, BtH +1, TR 3, Spells: four 0th, three 1st, and two 2nd level cleric spells, and XPV 76. The priest usually wears a mail shirt and carries a medium steel shield. In addition to any other treasure, the Priest has a 15% chance of wielding a magical +1 weapon, a 15% chance of wearing a magical +1 mail shirt, and a 30% chance of possessing a potion or scroll of cure light wounds. There is a 50% chance that 1d6 Men-at-Arms (HD: 1d8; HP: 8, 7, 5, 4; AC 15; Move: 20 ft.; BtH: +1; Attacks: Weapon; XPV 5+1/hp each) serve the clerics as guards and pack bearers; these men are devout members of the faith, and are only as corruptible as their faith allows or requires.
#60: Medium Giant Spiders (1-4) N Medium Animals; 3d8 HD; HP: 18, 16, 15, 10; AC: 15; Move: 30 ft., 20 ft. Climb; BtH: +3; Attacks: Bite (1d6 + Poison); Special: DV 60 ft., TV, Poison, Web; SV: P; Int: Animal; TR: 2 each; XPV: 52+3/hp each.
100 Exciting Encounters 1st Level Encounters provide countless sessions of exciting encounters at the low price of $2.50.
Buy it at DriveThruRPG
Buy it at RPGNow

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Nice. I assume you are planning on releasing this at the same rate as the Treasure Troves, one or so per week? The combo of the two will be a terrific asset to the CK with little time to look up all this info on his own (like me!). My players are already lvl 3, so I'll be buying them all once you catch up to them! Well, maybe sooner, they look to good not to check out even if I can't start using them with my current players.

Your work rocks!

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

That is really cool and useful!

I'd really consider buying a DM Screen with this bundled in.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Should prove to be useful. Love the quick-on-the-fly portability of these charts and look forward to seeing higher level examples.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

crom10

Post by crom10 »

I bought this one too. fantastic! Can't wait to see the higher level ones.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Along with more 100 Treasure Lists, this is another product from AGP I would love to see updated to level 2. This product has been useful in the past, and with a new Wilderlands campaign about to begin, I can;t see players staying at level 1 forever.
Just saying, this is a very cool product. Level 2 would be most welcome.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Omote wrote:
Along with more 100 Treasure Lists, this is another product from AGP I would love to see updated to level 2. This product has been useful in the past, and with a new Wilderlands campaign about to begin, I can;t see players staying at level 1 forever.
Just saying, this is a very cool product. Level 2 would be most welcome.

~O

I heartily second this request!!

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society