Suggested Custom Monster XP

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
ArgoForg
Red Cap

Suggested Custom Monster XP

Post by ArgoForg »

First off, apologies to all if this is in the wrong area... and of course, mods may feel free to move it, if so.

I'm working on some monster creation for a project, and most of it has been pretty straightforward. However, I'm wanting to make sure I'm not shortchanging or overcompensating when it comes to the XP. Is there a generally accepted way to come up with a total for a creature's XP?

I could have sworn that at one point I saw a thread, link, table or the like for coming up with an XP total based on the creatures' hit dice and number of special abilities-- either here on the forum boards or in the CKG. Am I totally off-base about that? My search here came up with zilch. :(
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Suggested Custom Monster XP

Post by Arduin »

It is on pages 5&6 in M&T
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Re: Suggested Custom Monster XP

Post by ArgoForg »

Okay, good to know. I don't have my books with me, or I would have researched a little more before asking. Thank you!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."