yuan-ti?

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
quithanire
Skobbit

yuan-ti?

Post by quithanire »

Hey I am fairly new to C&C. Are there any Yuan-ti equivalents? I did see where the Yuan-ti name was still under copyright.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Re: yuan-ti?

Post by Dracyian »

Not sure if there is an equivalent, I don't have any of my books with me right now, but I do know the WotC still has the name trademarked as Product Identity.

Edit: However if you grab the AD&D version it should be fairly easy to convert for what you need

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Yeah, there pretty much isn't any equivalent in C&C, but converting from AD&D is super easy.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

No direct correlation currently unless something was added in Classic Monsters (which I don't have). However, a probable good base line would be a regular lizardman. Add in a few abilities here and there, maybe some with swallow whole, others with spells or breath weapons, a few with various innate resistances... not hard to make lizard/snake/dracoforms at all.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I think Classic Monsters has the Ophidian, which also could be used as a foundation.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Fortenbras
Skobbit

Post by Fortenbras »

Hindu culture has a lot of snake mythos in it, I'm sure you could change the name to some sort form of Naga and just go with that.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Fortenbras wrote:Hindu culture has a lot of snake mythos in it, I'm sure you could change the name to some sort form of Naga and just go with that.
Using naga as yuan-ti wouldn't work. Different power sets. Appearance-wise naga are similar to the lowest social tier of yuan-ti. The more humanoid traits the yuan-ti has the greater their social stature with those being human in overall appearance being the highest tier. (barring minor things like fangs, forked elongated tongues, slit pupil eyes, and rather wicked nails that is.)

I recall running across a conversion for such somewhere a few years back, but I might be wrong. I'll look to see once I get home and see if I happened to copy the reference or what-not or what it is I'm remembering. :roll:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Dracyian wrote:
Edit: However if you grab the AD&D version it should be fairly easy to convert for what you need

Yep, that's the quickest way.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Welp...struck out. I guess it was something else that had come to mind. Sorry.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Itlas
Mist Elf

Post by Itlas »

Rigon wrote:Yeah, there pretty much isn't any equivalent in C&C, but converting from AD&D is super easy.

R-

Agree,just do this way

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I ran Dwellers of the Forgotten City last year and just converted them on the fly for the most part.