Seven New Undead Coming soon

Herein are gathered all the threads about those creatures that stalk our nightmares and against whom are characters must battle!
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Seven New Undead Coming soon

Post by Captain_K »

As they become "released" to my PCs I will release on this site Seven new Undead... None too powerful, not all Evil, but all will make an interesting set for lower level PCs....

Let the Virtuous Reign!
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

BLOOD AXE
Ulthal

Re: Seven New Undead Coming soon

Post by BLOOD AXE »

In interested in seeing what you come up with!

Gygax Mag #4 actually has some decent new low-level undead types. (skeletons & zombies) Hd are 2 or 3.
Skeletons- Flame, Dust, Ice, Rune, Shroud
Zombies- Charred, Feral, Plague, Drowned, Stitched
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

The key player in this run took a work assignment to Europe for two months, so nothing for likely three months...
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Andrew
Mist Elf

Post by Andrew »

A slight adjustment, I used on ghouls back in the day but could be applied to any "fleshy" undead such as zombies-

The Blunderghoul

Filled with pockets of volatile gases from the decay process. A critical hit, normal hit for max damage, or fire/electrical attack with set them off. 1d8 explosion damage in a 10' radius as the ghoul explodes. Also flammable objects have a chance to ignite. You can scale the damage to whatever you like, maybe even as high as 3d6 or something rather painful to keep them relevant to more powerful characters.

I think there've been numerous renditions over the years of something like this, but it does add a little risk to fighting your lowly undead.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Within 1-2 months the group of adventurers will again be at this scene. Based on our rates, I will be releasing them one at a time over the next 3-9 months.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Sweet! I can't wait to see it, Cap'n!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

The second group is resting and the original group is back "up to bat". Within the month I should finally have the first posted here or in Doomsday.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

The first of the zombies has grabbed the fighter by the face, gouged out both eyes, and was only prevented from crushing his skull by a heroic (one hero point) leap onto the arm of the zombie "monk"... delayed the death of the fighter.. but he's bleeding out as we await the next night of games.. so the months of waiting should not be much longer. I'd like the zombies to appear in Doomsday too.. so well, time will tell.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Two have been seen, the rest soon to come.. the write up is nearly done. They will be featured in Domesday or some place else... but they will eventually find the light of a full moon some place within 6 months I hope... that said I need an artist to help "flesh" them out... well "rot them out" might be more appropriate. Any interested artists please PM me...