Dirty Bowbe's Roadhouse scale

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Dirty Bowbe's Roadhouse scale

Post by BoomerET »

I'm trying to get a feel for the Roadhouse map, and am I expecting too much?

Is each square 5 ft, in which case the beds look like they're 10ft wide, yea not bloody likely.

Or is each square 2.5ft?

Or am I making something out of nothing?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm working on creating the roadhouse from Fat Dragon Games papercrafts.

I thought somebody had already done this, but I've been unable to find it.

BoomerET

dachda
Lore Drake

Re: Dirty Bowbe's Roadhouse scale

Post by dachda »

Are you using the Roadhouse map from the new HH kickstarter? or from the original adventure. The new one does not match the text of the adventure, while the old one does. That may be your problem. Or it may simply be that the scale does look very wrong on the new map. It is another in a long series of screwed up maps in TLG adventures.

BoomerET wrote:I'm trying to get a feel for the Roadhouse map, and am I expecting too much?

Is each square 5 ft, in which case the beds look like they're 10ft wide, yea not bloody likely.

Or is each square 2.5ft?

Or am I making something out of nothing?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm working on creating the roadhouse from Fat Dragon Games papercrafts.

I thought somebody had already done this, but I've been unable to find it.

BoomerET

BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Post by BoomerET »

Yea, I was looking at the map in the cartography pack, I've got the old modules, and it makes a lot more sense.

Why the hell would you use a 2.5' square?

BoomerET

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

This may be a stupid question but if the new map doesn't match the text why was it included? We didn't they use the old map. Also is there an outside map of Dirty Bowbe's anywhere?

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

gabriellyon wrote:This may be a stupid question but if the new map doesn't match the text why was it included? We didn't they use the old map. Also is there an outside map of Dirty Bowbe's anywhere?
This is fairly typical of TLG maps. While they have really corrected their early text issues, like typos, missing text etc . . . by using professional editors, map errors are frequent and frustrating. I've had to make my own maps for several of their modules because the map did not reflect the text, or the map was missing things like doors, room numbers or notes or even hallways and rooms. My thought is that Peter Bradley's skills lie in the artwork and layout and not with the maps. And his artwork and layout skills are wonderful, love his artwork. The maps just seem like the last thing done, and in a rush, so the module can get to the printers on time. I really recommend TLG take mapping away from Bradley and find a good cartographer instead. Even when the maps do line up with the text, they are visually boring and unappealing. Compare them to any other small publisher and you'll see what I mean.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

dachda, by any chance would you happen to have done any for Dirty Bowbe's you would be willing to share? Please?

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

gabriellyon wrote:dachda, by any chance would you happen to have done any for Dirty Bowbe's you would be willing to share? Please?
No, I haven't redone any of the Haunted highland maps so far. Though I do have the first version of Dirty Bowbe's if you need that one. PM me.

bestialwarlust
Mist Elf

Post by bestialwarlust »

I'll just ignore the squares I don't need them anyway. It should be easy enough to eyeball and figure out the scale of the rooms.