HH in GH!

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
Aladar
Lore Drake

HH in GH!

Post by Aladar »

I have been so impressed with Bowbe's HH modules (DB 1 - 5) that I am going to drop them into my C&C Greyhawk campaign.

I just need to find a good location. Currently looking at placing the HH in the Wild Coast region along the Jewel River down south near were the Pomarj, the Principality of Ulek, and the Wild Coast meet. This should be a good place to put the Duke's lands and the Crater.

Or, I might throw the HH up near the lands of Iuz!

Warden of the Welk Wood

Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society

The Poster formerly known as Alwyn

Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"
http://www.cncsociety.org/
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

Thanks kindly!

I also like the way you think! That very region was a major stomping ground for our campaigns back when I was a kid in my first "serious" gaming group. We once had a mighty wild time with a scroll of monster summoning X in the midst of a wild coast town!

C.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I would place it near the Lands of Iuz, where the Troll Lords can slowly walkabout and be discovered... or, about 75 miles northwest of Hommlet.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

For me it would depend on the era.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Ah, I know little of the "eras" and only somewhat know the topography, having not really used Greyhawk at all... so, for me, it could go pretty much anywhere, since I don't really care about what is, and is not, "official."

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Re: HH in GH!

Post by Zudrak »

*casts 'Thread Necromancy'*

I have received the Jack of Lies PDF and would be putting this into Greyhawk when I use it. I thought of starting a new thread, but since this could tie into using all of Casey's works I figured here was the best place to post it.

So... Where is a good spot for Eskadia in the Flanaess? I was thinking along the coasts of any of the following (from West to East): Jerlea Bay, Azure Sea, Sea of Gearnat, or Relmor Bay. Although I suppose anywhere along the easternmost portion of the Flanaess could work, too.

(Sorry if anyone has beaten me to the punch in asking this.)
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'd put it in one of the northern barbarian lands because Casey's work contains so many Barbarians.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

Eskadia has an unintentional Sea Barons feel to it. :shock:

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Bowbe wrote:Eskadia has an unintentional Sea Barons feel to it. :shock:
Interesting. Thanks, good sir (and for accepting my FB friend request recently)!

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Okay, plans have changed a little but my Eskadia will stay in Greyhawk, but not in the Flanaess. I am going to place it west of the Sea of Dust, though I have yet to decide if it will be on the same continent (that would be Oerik) as the Flanaess or not. I am leaning towards putting it on a continent west of Oerik, which would make it close to Mr. Frank Mentzer's Aquaria, which is east of the Flanaess over the Solnor Ocean. Of course, my version of Kara-Tur (per the original blurb in Dragon Magazine saying it would also be set in the World of Greyhawk before the events of 1985 changed that) will be between Aquaria and the Flanaess, though not necessarily on the same latitudes. This is all in my head and may never be fully realized or mapped, but at least I have this post to look back on and recall my plan. Heh.

In short, Eskadia and HH will reside on my version of Oerth.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Pat Payne
Hlobane Orc

Post by Pat Payne »

Casts "Raise Thread" again :D

Actually, I'm looking for a Free RPG Day demo I'm going to be doing next month to possibly go the other direction, and place "The Village of Hommlet" in the Highlands.

Do some of these ideas make sense for changes?

Saint Cuthbert's temple in Hommlet becomes a Church of Vanium (specifically the Pious Brotherhood of St. Eljian the Humble);
The big bad behind the Moathouse/Temple is Soagoth, as opposed to the Zuggtmoy/Iuz/Lolth/Tharizdun fifty gambit pileup (for TOEE, I liked Gary Gygax's original idea of the Elder Elemental God as shown in Oerth Journal 12, and think Soagoth would fill that bill nicely) -- if they do finally venture into the TOEE, the big bad's dragon will be an actual ... um... dragon, a yug beast black dragon :o
Placing the Moathouse on the outer edge of the Fly Bite Fens.