Switch to full style
Amazing Adventures is Pulp Role Playing: Hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle . . . .
Post a reply

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:35 pm

True, but did they have as many butt shots as James Ward seemed to think you had in Of Gods and Monsters? I can't remember what he said at Troll Con 2009, but something to the effect of it's a butt shot you knew it was Peter's. Maybe. :lol: I don't want to misquote him. Maybe somebody else said it. That's been too long ago now, and I'm sure we all meant it well. :D

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:42 pm

tylermo wrote:True, but did they have as many butt shots as James Ward seemed to think you had in Of Gods and Monsters? I can't remember what he said at Troll Con 2009, but something to the effect of it's a butt shot you knew it was Peter's. Maybe. :lol: I don't want to misquote him. Maybe somebody else said it. That's been too long ago now, and I'm sure we all meant it well. :D


*chuckles* The TSR crowd had no room to throw rocks. How many people drooled over the nude succubus in the old 1e Monster Manual? Not to mention various other nude bits and bobs here and there? I'm a monk compared to that lot. :)

I look at these pulp covers and you see women with ripped up clothes in all manner of helpless positions. Shackled to walls, being spanked, whipped, tied up, etc. etc. Its like a feminists nightmare. Kinda like the early comic days. Suppressed urges much? Honestly, there are clubs for that sort of thing. :lol:

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:26 pm

OK, enough of the nudity pics et al. :shock: ....any news about the game? (since it's not been mentioned in recent Troll Tusks etc :cry: )

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Grey wrote:OK, enough of the nudity pics et al. :shock: ....any news about the game? (since it's not been mentioned in recent Troll Tusks etc :cry: )


Its in the editing cue. Tim Burns will get to it after he's gotten to the other projects he's currently editing I expect.:)

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Can he edit faster? :-D

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:00 am

I'll help edit! I do freelance proofing!
Yes, I'm serious.

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm actually told that Christina is back on it, now. Fingers crossed it won't be too long. Believe me, folks, I'm as anxious as you are!

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:29 am

i have owned a lot of pulp games and they always seem to forget the Pulp sci fi like the original Flash and buck rogers even the original john carter of mars!

maybe that is something Star-siege and a Pulp crossover can come up with?

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:16 am

Been 3 months. Any progress on this?

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:43 am

"Amazing Adventures has returned from editing and headed to draft lay out." Good news!

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:22 pm

Ronin77 wrote:"Amazing Adventures has returned from editing and headed to draft lay out." Good news!


Fantastic!!

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Tue May 01, 2012 1:34 am

This accidentally may sound snide or like I'm teasing, but I want to be 150% clear I am NOT.
I forget if I preordered AA or if it's even been put on sale yet?

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Tue May 01, 2012 6:23 am

Relaxo wrote:This accidentally may sound snide or like I'm teasing, but I want to be 150% clear I am NOT.
I forget if I preordered AA or if it's even been put on sale yet?



Don't worry it is not for sale or preorder yet.

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Tue May 01, 2012 10:26 am

ok thanks!

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Thu May 24, 2012 9:51 pm

I actually just turned the final text files back in to Steve today. It's now 100% approved. I am told that pre-orders will open up *very* soon. This has been a very long road, for me as much as you all, and I appreciate that you've kept your enthusiasm intact! Trust me when I say this is a pretty kick ass game. Please keep your eyes open and when pre-orders go up for this SPREAD THE WORD. We need strong presale numbers on this pretty bad.

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Fri May 25, 2012 1:31 am

The Grey Elf wrote:I actually just turned the final text files back in to Steve today. It's now 100% approved. I am told that pre-orders will open up *very* soon. This has been a very long road, for me as much as you all, and I appreciate that you've kept your enthusiasm intact! Trust me when I say this is a pretty kick ass game. Please keep your eyes open and when pre-orders go up for this SPREAD THE WORD. We need strong presale numbers on this pretty bad.



You'll certainly get my pre-order!! This will be the first pulp style RPG I'll try and I'm happy to support the Trolls to do so.

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Fri May 25, 2012 10:23 am

me too!

Congratulations, Mike!

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Sat May 26, 2012 5:34 am

Looks like pre-orders are live! http://www.trolllord.com/cnc/aa_preorder.html

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Sat May 26, 2012 6:07 am

The Grey Elf wrote:Looks like pre-orders are live! http://www.trolllord.com/cnc/aa_preorder.html


No, no, no, no, no!!! You were supposed to wait until Cherie or I got a job!

Dang. I guess we'll have to skip rent in June.

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Sat May 26, 2012 10:02 pm

Well that's at least three that I know of already, and I'm hoping there's others that I don't know about...a good sign? I hope so.

Re: Amazing Adventures: Pulp Siege Retitle complete!

Sat May 26, 2012 10:35 pm

I doubt I'll be able to get in on the kickstarter, but I intend to sell the heck out of it at upcoming conventions. It's not going to be ready by late June, but I've got another con in October. Should be available by then.

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Mon May 28, 2012 2:12 am

Didn't catch an answer to this question before. Are C&C critters fairly compatible with AA?

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Mon May 28, 2012 2:20 am

anglefish wrote:Didn't catch an answer to this question before. Are C&C critters fairly compatible with AA?


Do you mean cross-fertile?

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Mon May 28, 2012 2:25 am

MormonYoYoMan wrote: Do you mean cross-fertile?


Aren't you looking forward to your Mentalist PC facing a Prismal Eye Gorilla? :twisted:

Not being able to tell if you have your [jk][/jk] tag on, I'll clarify.

Can I use my M&T as a bestiary for AA with little to no conversion.

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Mon May 28, 2012 2:45 am

anglefish wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote: Do you mean cross-fertile?


Aren't you looking forward to your Mentalist PC facing a Prismal Eye Gorilla? :twisted:

Not being able to tell if you have your [jk][/jk] tag on, I'll clarify.

Can I use my M&T as a bestiary for AA with little to no conversion.


Ooooo! Prismal Eye Gorillas! I LOVE that!

And I never know for certain when my jk or /jk tags are on or off. I fear I may be chaotic lawful.

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Thu May 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Placed my pre-order. I can't stay away from pulp-era goodness :D

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 pm

anglefish wrote:Didn't catch an answer to this question before. Are C&C critters fairly compatible with AA?

C&C monsters are 100% compatible wth AA ones, and vice-versa. As are C&C characters and AA characters.

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Incidentally, it has been pointed out to me that if you flavor Gadgeteers correctly, you have proto-supers in the game. There's nothing in the rules that says the permanent gadgets you buy with your gadget points have to be, well, gadgets.

You could easily just say your character has the power to emit lightning bolts from his hands, if the GM is okay with it....so there you have it: street-level proto-supers

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Oooh, you just made my day. I've been trying to figure out how to use C&C for a supers game. Keep this up and I won't need any other system.

Re: Amazing Adventures Pre Orders Now Open!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Don't get me wrong: it'd be tough to do full on high powered supers. There just aren't enough gadget points at first level to do, say, the Hulk or Thor. These would be street-level supers. Black Widow could be done as a Pugilist with one level of Gadgeteer, taking shocking grasp as her only gadget for her "stings"...but that represents an actual gadgeteer.

But you could do a character who shoots energy blasts from his hands by taking Magic Missile, for example.
Post a reply