View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Amazing Adventures Support 
Grey Elf Troll

Post Amazing Adventures Support
Hey, everyone, I just wanted to touch base with everyone to give you some preliminary thoughts on what we're going to be doing to support AA.

Amazing Adventures will be aggressively supported. Steve, Davis, and I had some great discussions at Gen Con about directions that we want to go with the game. I don't want to give any specific details right now, because I don't want to reveal something planned, have it not come to fruition, and be accused of creating vaporware.

Suffice it to say, however, that there is one sourcebook concretely planned already, and I have a few others nebulous in my brain that are taking shape. We are planning a series of adventure modules for the game, which will hopefully span the gamut of pulp styles from horror to sci-fi to action-adventure.

In addition, Steve has asked me to begin generating downloadable content for the game, which will consist of what I'm calling "mini modules;" these will encompass encounter areas, short adventures, and even some rules clarifications, expansions, and new rules. I'm not sure what he plans for the pricing structure for these as yet but I can't imagine they'll be that expensive.

I will also be making a concerted effort to increase my face time here at the forums so I can be present to answer questions, address criticism, etc. I've been kind of on a hiatus from message forums in general over the past couple years, but with the advent of this game, I need to make a return.

I think, though I am not certain of this, that Steve wants to set up an AA section of the TLG website where all of the content and product will be collected in one place. I generally create "support" sites for games with which I'm involved, so I'll probably have something like that available relatively soon (as soon as I get a chance to breathe from my forthcoming day job change).

I am currently correcting errata for the first print--isn't there always errata? So far nothing major; a few copy-editing fixes but nothing that'll make the game problematic to use. Once I finish going through it I'll post a thread containing all errata, and try to get a document to Pete to format and put up for download. Till then, if anyone finds any, by all means keep track of it, but I'd ask that you wait for the thread to go up before you post anything, so we don't end up doubling-up on Errata.

Here's to hoping Amazing Adventures becomes almost as popular as C&C!

Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:57 pm
Red Cap

Post Re: Amazing Adventures Support
Thanks for the update Jason. Cant wait to see what you come up with for mini modules. Also a source book would be great.

Gritty6 (epic6)

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Good to hear, broseph. Keep up the good work!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:43 am
Global Moderator

Nice to get some hints of support. I can't wait for this to arrive in the mail. I saw copies at GenCon but didn't want to spoil the fun of the first-read. Having some small-module style support for AA will be a definite bonus.

MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Grey Elf Troll

Dammit, Marv, I wish I'd known you were there! I was hanging out at the TLG booth on and off all weekend! Would've been nice to meet up face to face!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:58 am
Skobbit

Well I'm planning to run a demo or two at my FLGS sometime next month, so I'll do a little bit for the cause.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Global Moderator

The Grey Elf wrote:
Dammit, Marv, I wish I'd known you were there! I was hanging out at the TLG booth on and off all weekend! Would've been nice to meet up face to face!
Same here. I stopped by briefly when I got to the con around 10 AM on Thursday to briefly check in and say "howdy" to Steve, then wandered by again around 1 PM to buy a new PH and droll over (but not touch) Amazing Adventures and spent about a half hour chatting with Steve before trekking back to Chicago. We probably were standing feet from each other at some point, each having no idea who the other was. :(

I gave Steve hell about wearing but not selling those cool TLG t-shirts with the spiffy new logo. Maybe by next year I'll have one of those and will look more obvious. Or, we'll try to set up a meeting time in advance.

MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Grey Elf Troll

Well as it stands the plan next year is for me to run Amazing Adventures demos right at the booth all weekend, so...

Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm
Mist Elf

Glad to hear that there will be support for AA.
Looking forward to seeing what comes out.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]