Amazing Adventures: Classes

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Ronin77
Red Cap

Amazing Adventures: Classes

Post by Ronin77 »

I'm thinking I need to add two classes.

One is the mastermind Class. Think bard, but people actually listen to what he has to say. This way I can stat up the crew From leverage and the A-team as pulp heroes. And got a class for Hannibal and Nate.

The other is Masked Vigilante. Im thinking he gets a "Favored weapon" and the choice between a few gadget points or a few psionic abilities. That was I can make The Shadow, The green hornet, The Spider, Even batman.

My only other Idea for this is too multiclass Gadgeteer/Gumshoe and Mentalist/Pugilist. But I like to avoid Multiclassing.
Joey Mullins AkA GamingRonin
My Gaming Blog http://gamingronin.blogspot.com/

Gritty6 (epic6)

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Re: Amazing Adventures: Classes

Post by Jason Vey »

Ronin77 wrote:I'm thinking I need to add two classes.

One is the mastermind Class. Think bard, but people actually listen to what he has to say. This way I can stat up the crew From leverage and the A-team as pulp heroes. And got a class for Hannibal and Nate.
The Socialite fills this role, if you look. It has all the talky abilities you want, plus good hit dice, attack bonus, and weapons.
The other is Masked Vigilante. Im thinking he gets a "Favored weapon" and the choice between a few gadget points or a few psionic abilities. That was I can make The Shadow, The green hornet, The Spider, Even batman.

My only other Idea for this is too multiclass Gadgeteer/Gumshoe and Mentalist/Pugilist. But I like to avoid Multiclassing.
The Shadow is a Mentalist

The Green Hornet is a Gumshoe (with Cato as a Gadgeteer/Pugilist multiclass)

Batman is a multiclassed gumshoe/socialite, with specialized equipment. Since none of his "gadgets" are really all that fantastical, making him a socialite with the Wealthy generic class ability can cover its development. Really he just has a car with guns in it, some boomerangs, grappling hooks, etc.

Ronin77
Red Cap

Post by Ronin77 »

I'm not sure if socialite totally fits for a Mastermind (my idea of one any way). I was thinking more along the "smart Hero" lines from d20 modern. Since non of the other abilities would make sense for Nate.

As for the Vigilante, I can see that, Spot on.

Gritty6 (epic6)

Ronin77
Red Cap

Post by Ronin77 »

My best shot at a Mastermind class. Using some of my D20 modern conversion.

Mastermind Class

Gritty6 (epic6)