An Update...

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

An Update...

Post by Jason Vey »

DISCLAIMER: This is an update from me (Jason, the writer) and not TLG. I'm not sure where exactly they are with any of these....

Just wanted to let you all know where I sit with the AA Kickstarter stuff.

1. Core book is done. The PDF is out and if you haven't gotten yours, you should contact the Trolls. If you didn't get in on the kickstarter, now is a perfect time to pick it up. The new book is 30,000 words more dense than the original, has been revised from cover to cover, and contains about 20,000 words of brand new gaming material.

2. Monster book is in layout as we speak. There are roughly 2 dozen brand new monsters in there that do not appear in any C&C book or in the old Amazing Adventures book. It also contains the complete original AA bestiary (some entries very slightly tweaked) and TONS of monsters drawn from C&C sourcebooks and tweaked for use in your AA games.

3. The Rise of the Red God Trilogy, which was unlocked as a stretch goal, has been completed and is in editing and layout. I'll be interested to hear everyone's thoughts when you get it in your hot little hands to play.

4. The Amazing Adventures Companion manuscript is nearly complete. I'm 100% responsible for the holdup on that--it was WAY more challenging to put together my reams of notes than I anticipated. I have, however, just today promised Steve that I will deliver the manuscript by the end of the day Monday, so the end is in sight for that one, and I'm actually pretty excited for it.

THE FUTURE
While working on the Companion, some new things that were not originally planned, found their way in. Some things that I originally planned had to be cut because they just weren't ready to go. I also got a ton of new ideas. What all this means is that I've got the beginnings of PLENTY of material for future sourcebooks. I can do genre books covering tons of different styles of play from sci-fi to swords and sorcery, to Western, Steampunk and Cyberpunk. I can do equipment and vehicle books. I can do martial arts and Asian-themed works. I can do the Golden Age of Piracy and swashbuckling adventures. And that doesn't even begin to touch on adventure modules I've got ideas for. I've even discussed with Steve the idea of crossing over AA and C&C in an official capacity (and at least one or two of the forthcoming works touch on that idea).

This, however, all depends on YOU. We need the game to sell for the Trolls to call for more support. That means keep getting the word out. Run games! Play games! Get your group to pick up copies! Request your FLGS to carry it! To be honest, these three books, the adventure modules and the GM screens are more than I ever dreamed I'd achieve for this game, which I submitted completely on spec so many years ago. It's a dream come true to see them all come to fruition like this and I am grateful to you all. Still, I believe we can launch AA into the stratosphere if we work at it. My goal is to see it become THE definitive modern version of the SIEGE Engine, and a go-to game for not just fans of our system, but other games as well.

Thanks again, everyone. SO excited for the future!

Jason

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Re: An Update...

Post by Jason Vey »

And the Companion has been sent!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Great news! For those of you who plan on running Amazing Adventures games at your local store or conventions, don't hesitate to send details to me at [email protected]

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Do this up right TLG!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

As we say in Pittsburgh...YINZ GUYS WILL LOVE IT.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

The Manual of Monsters has been released in PDF to backers. I proofed it, sent some corrections in, and it's just about print ready. Also ready for press is the Rise of the Red God Trilogy, a mini campaign building off of the original (now revised) Temple of the Red God.

The Companion is in editing. The Trolls expect it to go to press in a couple of weeks.

I sent the info over for the Player's guides for backers, and we'll be working on the Books of Shadows soon (also for backers).

Whew! The past couple weeks I've been hammering away at the Brimstone and the Borderhounds RPG. Just sent the raw rules draft for that one in (hint: it looks a lot like AA, only modern and with more snark--oh, and with hell spawned powers).

Things are cruising along! On a personal note, I can't wait to see Victorious!