View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
*Watches tumbleweed roll past* 
Grey Elf Troll

Post *Watches tumbleweed roll past*
Wow...nobody's talking, here. :ugeek:

Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:47 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: *Watches tumbleweed roll past*
Here's a thread for ya. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14852&p=222164#p222164

House Rules

Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:14 pm
Mogrl

And this one.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:33 am
Battle Stag

Can't talk now. Waiting for new books.

~O

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

We donated an Amazing Adventures softcover RPG to the DieCon charity auction. Somebody bought it. :). Also, one of Jolly Blackburn's buddies bought some of the old AA stuff. One of our customers (can't remember who) said they had conversed with you a time or two. You're becoming a household name. ;)

Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:07 pm
Lore Drake

Omote wrote:
Can't talk now. Waiting for new books.

~O

Yeah, me too. I'd imagine these threads will take off once we get the new books in our greedy hands. I know I have the pdfs, but I can't read that much material on a screen. So I'm am waiting for the physical books before I get back and read the game again.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:53 pm
Red Cap

Not much to talk about on the AA front, at least for me, until I have books in hand. Waiting until then to dive in and read about the game. Definitely looking forward to it though!

I do have the PDFs, but I find reading PDFs to be very difficult. PDFs are good for quick reference, but make for a very poor reading experience, IMO.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:29 am
Ulthal

The Grey Elf wrote:
Wow...nobody's talking, here. :ugeek:

On my husband's recommendation I just started reading Amazing Adventures. I like what I see so far. I was thinking of using it to make an adventure that draws us a little closer to our own time. I want to create a story similar to Edward Abbey's novel The Monkey Wrench Gang where the setting -- the environment -- becomes a key element. I have always enjoyed games where characters either use terrain or handy equipment to solve problems. (Like throwing an impossible monster into a lava pit, for example.) But what if it was the environment itself that needed a party's help. What if a party had to solve a serious environmental problem: frackers moving into town, dams impeding salmon runs or loggers clear-cutting a sacred grove. That kind of thing.

Anyone think Amazing Adventures could work for such a story?

Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:21 pm
Red Cap

Yes, AA would work well for such a story. Its character classes and game mechenics would allow you to role play the desired theme till your hearts content.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:57 pm
Ulthal

lobocastle wrote:
Yes, AA would work well for such a story. Its character classes and game mechenics would allow you to role play the desired theme till your hearts content.

Thanks for the confirmation. =) Good to know.
The novel is full of action and has a pulp feel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey_Wrench_Gang if anyone wants to learn more about it

Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:20 am
Grey Elf Troll

We had a great Gen Con and the launch of the revised and expanded second print, Companion and Monsters book was very well received! I'm starting to compile a few minor errata which I'll post above and just like with the first print, will continue to add to as we go along. I'm also going to try to be around more often--my apologies for my long absences between posts. I'm working 3 jobs these days (including writing for TLG) and it's been tight.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:01 pm
Henchman

Greetings from Tampa Bay,

We really enjoyed the game you ran Jason and I wanted to say thank you for the great time. Looking forward to getting my hands on the hardback's soon. Just so Tennessee and Bucky can get into more troubles.......I mean adventures!

Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:54 am
Grey Elf Troll

markh3rd wrote:
Greetings from Tampa Bay,

We really enjoyed the game you ran Jason and I wanted to say thank you for the great time. Looking forward to getting my hands on the hardback's soon. Just so Tennessee and Bucky can get into more troubles.......I mean adventures!

Excellent, I'm so glad you guys had fun! That's why we do this, in the end.

You'll be pleased to know that I just spoke with Steve yesterday about the next THREE releases for AA, which include two adventure modules and the first genre-based sourcebook for the line (hint: Are you a fan of Solomon Kane, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Three Musketeers, or all of the above? Cuz they all take place in the same general time period, don't they?)

Things are looking good enough now that with your continued help and support, we may be looking at a THIRD printing much sooner than anticipated! No worries, though: I don't plan any more big cover-to-cover revisions any time soon ;)

Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:12 pm
Red Cap

Okay. AA Kickstarter rewards came in the mail yesterday and I am slowly picking my way through Amazing Adventures now. Have read through Book One so far and like what I have seen. The mood setting genre piece at the beginning of the book was nicely done and the classes seem pretty straightforward and appropriate for the pulp genre. Multiclassing options also seem like a neat way to blend archetypes to get exactly what you want.

The pugilist's ability to deflect/catch bullets did cause me to raise an eyebrow, but I guess if you can envision people casting spells, it should not be that much of a stretch to then assume people can catch bullets as well.

Nice job on the editing as well. I have only caught a few minor typos, spacing issues or spelling errors along the way. Not that I get bent out of shape about such things, but I know it comes up a lot with TLG products as a source of contention.

Might take me a while to read through the book, but so far looks really cool. Probably a ways off until I get a chance to play it, but will eventually be giving it a test drive.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:11 am
Grey Elf Troll

pawndream wrote:
Nice job on the editing as well. I have only caught a few minor typos, spacing issues or spelling errors along the way. Not that I get bent out of shape about such things, but I know it comes up a lot with TLG products as a source of contention.

Glad you are enjoying the game!

PLEASE take the time to review my errata thread (pinned at the top) and post any you think you find. If they're found to be legit, I can add them to the top post!

Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]