View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
For those who like the Flash... 
Unkbartig

Post For those who like the Flash...
...meet the Fleetfot!

http://victoriousrpg.com/2017/02/10/the ... oot-class/

This new class for the Victorious RPG gives players a way to beat everyone to the scene of the carnage! Bas ed on the short story 'The New Accelerator' by H.G. Wells.

GM Mike

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:44 am
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: For those who like the Flash...
Nice

Personally, I've never been a fan of the 'Flash' - neither the comic book version nor the TV version my wife is so painfully addicted to, but I digress ...

However, I like how you handled his speed as equating to armor (not actually stopping the damage, but harder to hit) targeting and speeding fists. Plus I like the weakness of gas and sonic, I can easily see the gas and breathing as a weakness, but I would have never thought of the sonic ... but after reading your write up and thinking about it, it makes good sense.

Now, being the devil's advocate (I guess advocate isn't right here as I'm just simply thinking as the opponent not his advocate) I tend to be ... how would my 2 most thought out character ideas be able to handle him ... what would the effect of intuition be when going up against ole speedy feet ? The 6th sense and init bonus, but what about the reduction in AC like against an invisible foe. Of course not on the first encounter (what fun is that) but after a fight or 2 ???? What about the entanglement of the shadows ? It is one thing to speed around a net or from someone slowly raising a pistol to shoot, but another when the shadows themselves are trying to pull you in

Or for my back up idea of a hunter character ? Luck and targeting .... Talk about using extreme Kentucky windage and making leading shots, or after a bit of shooting and missing figuring out shoot ahead and make a tripping hazard (even with targeting I'd make it go a few fights before my simple-rustic hunter figured out the weakness of gas and sound - say a good role playing of having to run after some one (or away form someone) then having him notice the team mates gasping for air after the sprint and then an ah ha moment ...

Ok opponent moment over, nice character idea that I can picture someone getting a lot of mileage out of - like the pun there ;)

Again, and as always, thanks for the ideas and sharing them

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:05 am
Unkbartig

I can't take entire credit, because it was reading Wells' story that gave me the incentive. :) In my own game, I'd say the shadows would have a bonus if the area was only semi-lit (thus conducive to shadows) I think you covered the shooter well enough, and the AC in lieu of Invulnerability makes more sense to me. He's not bulletproof, just hard to hit. Now, if you hit him with some sort of area attack (radius) it could be ugly for our Fleetfoot!

For those who don't look at the V FB page, I'll share a pun my lovely wife came up with. She intends to make a Scots Fleetfoot character with the last name of MacIntyre....thus calling him Fleetfoot Mac. :P!

GM Mike, who likes sharing the pain!

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:35 pm
Greater Lore Drake

DMMike wrote:
For those who don't look at the V FB page, I'll share a pun my lovely wife came up with. She intends to make a Scots Fleetfoot character with the last name of MacIntyre....thus calling him Fleetfoot Mac. :P

It burns! It burns!

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:40 pm
Greater Lore Drake

DMMike wrote:
,,, I'll share a pun my lovely wife came up with. She intends to make a Scots Fleetfoot character with the last name of MacIntyre....thus calling him Fleetfoot Mac. :P!

GM Mike, who likes sharing the pain!

:shock: :shock: :lol:

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]