View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Super Attributes & skill points 
Greater Lore Drake

Post Super Attributes & skill points
Ok I hate to admit it, but I messed up on my practice characters and their skill points (I forgot you get 1 free for prime, and the 1 + the int bonus)

Sooo from that, I had to go through and rework my back up characters … Then I noticed on one in character creation I took the ‘attribute’ bonus and bumped up his intelligence as one of his attributes that were increased.

Would that bump from a 16 to a 20 give him 2 more points to spend on skills ? I can see an argument for it, but is that toooo much of a benefit – increased atribute bonus modifier & 2 skill points ???

I know that int wouldn’t be a ‘normal’ attribute to bump in a supers game – str dex & con being the more useful in a fight, but I tried to make a mage type, so his Int was important.

Also, for completion’s sake, if one does get a skills point increase at character creation for bumping INT, what about in later game increases ? … I could maybe see limiting it to only points to buy an increase on skills you already know instead of points to by new skills at that level increase. Narrate it as ‘your increased intellect helped you get over a mental hurdal, or make a mental break through on the skills you already are proficient in”

As for playing him as a character, I think I worked out a good ‘mage’ that would fit “Dr Strange” type magic super hero, but I’d much rather play my shadow guy, my earth guy or my MA guy, so unless Tree is brutal and kills off 3 of my characters, he will never see the light of day.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:45 am
Mogrl

Post Re: Super Attributes & skill points
I would think those benefits are for before you begin actually creating your character. Once you start you wouldn't be able to increase your "starting" benefits, since your past starting..

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:35 am
Unkbartig

Post Re: Super Attributes & skill points
...and it specifically states that the skill point bonus for high INT is upon the initial attribute rolled, not increased due to power purchase.

Mike

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]