Switch to full style
News and info and place to discuss the new printing of the Monsters & Treasure that greatly expands the Monster section to include monsters from various books and new monsters.
Post a reply

Monsters & Treasure 5th Printing on Kickstarter now!

Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Monsters & Treasures: Soft Open!

We are "officially" launching our Castles & Crusades Monsters & Treasure Kickstarter at 4pm Eastern Time this Sunday (the 28th) but once again, we are having a "soft" opening to give the early birds a little extra!

Because you are a grizzled veteran of the Dens and have signed up for our newsletter or backed a previous Kickstarter, you are invited to help us kick this dungeon door down and FUND the Kickstarter!

Pledge $45.00 or more BEFORE the official launch time, that is before 4PM Eastern, the 28th. If you do, you will receive, at no extra cost, an official Castles & Crusades Flash Drive, that includes digital copies of the following books: Monsters & Treasure, 5th printing, CKG 3rd printing, Players Handbook, 8th Printing (due out in 2019), one adventure, the official C&C Bottle Opener, and the C&C Coin.

HELP US FUND TODAY! JOIN THE FRAY! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/676918054/castles-and-crusades-monsters-and-treasures?ref=2ut1nz

Re: Monsters & Treasure 5th Printing on Kickstarter now!

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 pm

I heard about this via email, and being a "grizzled veteran" I was invited to get in early. That's great, I like TLG and C&C, and love Monster books. However, after seeing this posted here, and seeing the same advertisement on Social Media, it looks as if everyone was invited to get in early. Seems sort of misleading and takes a bit of the excitement out of it for me. If everyone is eligible, fine. Just say so. Don't make a big deal about being an email subscriber, previous kickstarter backer, and "veteran" if none of those things really matter.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:01 am

Your only eligible if your "early". Being the early bird makes us special.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:07 am

Treebore wrote:Your only eligible if your "early". Being the early bird makes us special.

:shock: I'm not quite sure how to take that...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 am

Treebore wrote:Your only eligible if your "early". Being the early bird makes us special.
There's a link on their Facebook page anyone can access, unless I'm looking at this wrong.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:23 am

I guess they could reword it:

Because you are a grizzled veteran of the Dens and have signed up for our newsletter or backed a previous Kickstarter or are on Facebook or read forums or are carbon-based or have a pulse or are not some kind of semi-intelligent creature that evolved from a sandwich someone left in the refrigerator for 3 months or maybe if you are, I mean, it's a Kickstarter and it only funds if we have enough people...

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Aergraith wrote:I guess they could reword it:

Because you are a grizzled veteran of the Dens and have signed up for our newsletter or backed a previous Kickstarter or are on Facebook or read forums or are carbon-based or have a pulse or are not some kind of semi-intelligent creature that evolved from a sandwich someone left in the refrigerator for 3 months or maybe if you are, I mean, it's a Kickstarter and it only funds if we have enough people...

Now this I like!

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Yeah, we made two tactical errors in this scenario. One we let the cat out of the bag in social media too early. It was just a mistake on our part; we simply forgot what we had said to do. This happens sometimes when we are all working on one thing and we just simply forget the plan. Second, we were supposed to end the soft opening today instead of tomorrow (sunday).

It was not meant to be snarky or disingenuous, it's just Trolls being Trolls. Well meaning but daft. :-)

Anyway, it has funded so this will be happening! Now what's left is the stretch rewards and making this thing even better!

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:36 pm

I'm sure I was one of many, but remember posting right here that I'd love to see a combined monster tome. Bravo! I just pledged and look forward to this.

Hoping for an expanded Gods & Monsters at some point, also.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:27 pm

spudeus wrote:I'm sure I was one of many, but remember posting right here that I'd love to see a combined monster tome. Bravo! I just pledged and look forward to this.

Hoping for an expanded Gods & Monsters at some point, also.

Yeah, when I saw the KS, I was wondering if it was the Trolls finally listening to our conversations. Steve apparently listened to somebody. Since this is also going to apparently be pure Monsters, I would like Steve to take the name change suggestion to "Crusaders Bestiary" very seriously.

Tim, if your still following this, put that bug in Steve's ear, VERY loudly.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Ok so in typical Troll style, the opening page to the Kickstarter reads "Monsters Treasure". Should it read "Monsters & Treasure"?

Hand-slaps face.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:58 am

Snoring Rock wrote:Ok so in typical Troll style, the opening page to the Kickstarter reads "Monsters Treasure". Should it read "Monsters & Treasure"?

Hand-slaps face.

Yep. Upon further reading Treasures will be included as well. So definitely should read that way.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Steve speaks about the KS and Tomb versus Tome...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSUelOhfb_k&feature=youtu.be

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Tomb of the Unclean sounds totally kickass. Just saying.

~O

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:37 am

Any updates on this?

Thx.

:ugeek:

Thu May 31, 2018 1:21 am

Has a release date for this book been announced?
Post a reply