TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

This forum is a rarely properly updated forum that discusses everything we are working on at the Dens!
User avatar
Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 am
Location: The Otherworld
Contact:

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Celticgamer »

I read lots of gamer comments about it somewhere a year ago and was surprised it was even a published game. Mostly it seems gamers dislike it, not on prudish grounds but because it is so poorly put together in layout and art. Someday I will look at it when I find it at a game store, and then I will cringe...

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Treebore »

Celticgamer wrote:
I read lots of gamer comments about it somewhere a year ago and was surprised it was even a published game. Mostly it seems gamers dislike it, not on prudish grounds but because it is so poorly put together in layout and art. Someday I will look at it when I find it at a game store, and then I will cringe...
I didn't like it because much of the content were things I did not want in my RPG games.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

User avatar
Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 am
Location: The Otherworld
Contact:

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Celticgamer »

Celticgamer wrote:
I read lots of gamer comments about it somewhere a year ago and was surprised it was even a published game. Mostly it seems gamers dislike it, not on prudish grounds but because it is so poorly put together in layout and art. Someday I will look at it when I find it at a game store, and then I will cringe...
We have romance and everything in our games a plenty but there is never a need to get graphic, so this book does no good for us either, in either of my groups.

User avatar
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3350
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Relaxo »

Back in teh d20 glut I was at Borders (I mourn the loss of Borders!) and there was a d20 game where the PCs were like, dominatrix and sex slave characters... I think it was half larp as well... I was just like, really? I think it might have been this book but I'm not sure.
but yeah, it was just kind of stupid, IMO, and skimming it, it was poorly written.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

User avatar
Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 am
Location: The Otherworld
Contact:

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Celticgamer »

Relaxo wrote:Back in teh d20 glut I was at Borders (I mourn the loss of Borders!) and there was a d20 game where the PCs were like, dominatrix and sex slave characters... I think it was half larp as well... I was just like, really? I think it might have been this book but I'm not sure.
but yeah, it was just kind of stupid, IMO, and skimming it, it was poorly written.
Weird stuff and not for me! I miss Borders too, it was my favorite bookstore when I was out of town in OKC. I would always stop there and get a book or a MST3k DVD set.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by tylermo »

I used to play D&D 3, D20 Modern, and Deadlands with a couple who owned this book. Definitely not a prude, but I would have never needed that book. Although, it might have come in handy in a recent con game. One of the players really surprised me, but it wasn't anything the Siege Engine couldn't handle. ;-)

User avatar
moriarty777
Renegade Mage
Posts: 3735
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by moriarty777 »

Celticgamer wrote:
moriarty777 wrote:Page 144 ... the OGL: Under section 15 when listing Rune Lore, the attribution to the author as Brian Young.
What? How did I get in Rune Lore...? ;)
Good question! While I have many theories -- Brian Young is mere pen name of Steve Chenault... or Steve Chenault is a pen name of Brian Young... to the possibility of aliens or doppelgangers, I suspect it's because the OGL is a pain in the ass and much easier to use a recent version from the layout of a recently published book. Or some good old copy and paste. ;) Things were subsequently changed to suit the current project but not the name of the author in this instance.

Or you can come clean right now... Steve!!!

LOL

M
Image

User avatar
Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 am
Location: The Otherworld
Contact:

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Celticgamer »

moriarty777 wrote:
Celticgamer wrote:
moriarty777 wrote:Page 144 ... the OGL: Under section 15 when listing Rune Lore, the attribution to the author as Brian Young.
What? How did I get in Rune Lore...? ;)
Good question! While I have many theories -- Brian Young is mere pen name of Steve Chenault... or Steve Chenault is a pen name of Brian Young... to the possibility of aliens or doppelgangers, I suspect it's because the OGL is a pain in the ass and much easier to use a recent version from the layout of a recently published book. Or some good old copy and paste. ;) Things were subsequently changed to suit the current project but not the name of the author in this instance.

Or you can come clean right now... Steve!!!

LOL

M
Mmmmmmmm....interesting theories but he doesn't look anything like me! Maybe my layout was so splendid it was worth reusing....? Mwahahaahha! 8-)

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 2579
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by tylermo »

Shout for Stephen all you want, but he's vacationing in parts unknown. Of course, parts unkown could be anywhere in Arkansas. ;-)

User avatar
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3350
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Relaxo »

it's the Rune of Authoring. and disguising.

or something.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

User avatar
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Troll Lord »

Will begin putting final edits in today, the 10th. Will send for one more read over as it seems to need one. Sorry for the added delay, but it will be worth it in the end.

Goes to print by end of June, out in July.

Steve
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

galladril
Mist Elf
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by galladril »

Glad to hear this, as I have been waiting for this one (like everyone else) for a while.

I am just worried my order got screwed up, or that my name isn't gonna be printed in it...lol

User avatar
redwullf
Ulthal
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm
Contact:

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by redwullf »

Yeah any new word? It's the 2nd week of July now...are these printed and ready to ship?
Image
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Gee, I pre-ordered this so long ago, I had to check my journal to remember what it was going to be. As I recall, I was supposed to have one of my PCs show up as an NPC here or (for pre-ordering this) in the Codex of the current C&C world, whatever we're calling it now. TrollLordWorld? That would be easy for me to remember. But I continue to forget how to spell Aihrtichoke.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

User avatar
Dracyian
Unkbartig
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 pm
Location: Eastern Wisconsin

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Dracyian »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Gee, I pre-ordered this so long ago, I had to check my journal to remember what it was going to be. As I recall, I was supposed to have one of my PCs show up as an NPC here or (for pre-ordering this) in the Codex of the current C&C world, whatever we're calling it now. TrollLordWorld? That would be easy for me to remember. But I continue to forget how to spell Aihrtichoke.
Last I check it was spelled Artisdead

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Thank goodness you knew how to spell it!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Treebore »

Latest word on their new web site is shipping in early August.

Originally it was called "Erde", which is the German word for "Earth", now I believe it is still called Aihrde. Which I pronounce more like "Air-day", but with a little bit of a long "A" sound up front.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

"Airdale." Got it!

Not as funny as my world's name (Great Honk, which uses a Greyhawk map from 1980) but it'll do.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

User avatar
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Troll Lord »

Proofs were approved a few days ago. It takes 2-3 weeks to print and ship this sucker. They are hard backs to clear up that confusion. I should have a ship date next week but i'm thinking first week of August.

Steve
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

User avatar
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Troll Lord »

"Erde" was the first word ever spoken. It was uttered by Corthain when the All Father cast he and his siblings off. The god spoke and said "Erde! Why do you cast us off." The word itself is the root of all language throughout all the world of Aihrde. It means "father."

"The first of the dwarves to speak called upon Him, naming Him then in the speech of his people, AlErde, which is "Father of All Things" or "Creator" or in its simpler forms "All Father." His words were as stone and reflected the iron will that Erde set into them. "Al-Erde! We see that you stand as above all things and that you are the arbiter of this world. What would you have of us. Set the price, so that we might pay it." And his name was Hlothver and he was named the greatest of all the fathers of dwarves." Codex of Airhde

To the dwarves the world is called Erde and always will be (to the giants as well), for it is the root of all things. It is pronounced AIRd by the dwarves, the 'e' being silent.

The word Aihrde is a translation of the dwarf word, used by human scholars during the Age of Heroes to differentiate between the All Father of the Days before Days (Erde), the All Father of the Dwarves (AlErde) and the dwarf word for the world (Erde). It has several different pronunciations. The Aenochians almost always pronounce is AIRdhAY, as do the Elves. The Ethrum pronounce it more closely to the Dwarf speech, AiRDaa. The foul folk of Aufstrag pronounce it AIRDHu which is a sign of disrespect to the All Father and the Dwarves.

Steve
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Troll Lord wrote:"Erde" was the first word ever spoken. It was uttered by Corthain when the All Father cast he and his siblings off. The god spoke and said "Erde! Why do you cast us off." The word itself is the root of all language throughout all the world of Aihrde. It means "father."

"The first of the dwarves to speak called upon Him, naming Him then in the speech of his people, AlErde, which is "Father of All Things" or "Creator" or in its simpler forms "All Father." His words were as stone and reflected the iron will that Erde set into them. "Al-Erde! We see that you stand as above all things and that you are the arbiter of this world. What would you have of us. Set the price, so that we might pay it." And his name was Hlothver and he was named the greatest of all the fathers of dwarves." Codex of Airhde

To the dwarves the world is called Erde and always will be (to the giants as well), for it is the root of all things. It is pronounced AIRd by the dwarves, the 'e' being silent.

The word Aihrde is a translation of the dwarf word, used by human scholars during the Age of Heroes to differentiate between the All Father of the Days before Days (Erde), the All Father of the Dwarves (AlErde) and the dwarf word for the world (Erde). It has several different pronunciations. The Aenochians almost always pronounce is AIRdhAY, as do the Elves. The Ethrum pronounce it more closely to the Dwarf speech, AiRDaa. The foul folk of Aufstrag pronounce it AIRDHu which is a sign of disrespect to the All Father and the Dwarves.

Steve
Everybody knows that. It was the Final Jeopardy answer/question on 12/07/2942.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

User avatar
Omote
Battle Stag
Posts: 11560
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Contact:

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Omote »

That is the single best explanation of the THE WORD ever. Now there should never be any questions. Never! :lol:

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

CeltDrake99
Skobbit
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by CeltDrake99 »

I have a question about the Preorder Bundle. When I ordered it, I only received the PDF and not the maps. Are the maps due out at a later date? Or were they supposed to be packaged with the PDF as well?

Also, is there a newer version (better edited) due out about the same time as the print release?

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Omote wrote:That is the single best explanation of the THE WORD ever. Now there should never be any questions. Never! :lol:

~O
You didn't like Nancy Pelosi's explanation? :o
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

User avatar
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3232
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:00 am

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Troll Lord »

Rune Lore is scheduled to arrive here on the 7th of August, assuming there are no delays shipping will commence immediately.

This afternoon, the 31st, we'll upload it to RPGnow and Drivthru and open it up for sale. Everyone who preordered will get a coupon code to download it for free.

Thanks all!
Steve
_____________________________
He Who Sits on the Elephants Back
The Troll Lord
Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

User avatar
Frost
Beer Giant Jarl
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Frost »

Image

User avatar
Dracyian
Unkbartig
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 pm
Location: Eastern Wisconsin

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Dracyian »

is this up yet

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Treebore »

Dracyian wrote:is this up yet

Doubt it since I have yet to get my coupon.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Treebore »

Also, don't forget, "this afternoon" is in "Troll time". So what Steve really means is they will get to it after they get so drunk that they pass out, then however long hey sleep to recover from it, then wake up enough, and long enough to go, "Oh yeah! Now I need to get those coupons sent out after I get that book listed on Drivethru!". Then he will spend another unspecified period of time trying to remember what book it is he is trying to remember. So it may be another two or three days before "this afternoon" even happens. Because Trolls do not measure days by the rise and fall of a Sun, they measure it by the rise and fall of their drunken stupors.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

User avatar
Dracyian
Unkbartig
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 pm
Location: Eastern Wisconsin

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Dracyian »

I need that job

Post Reply