CKG

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Daniel
Red Cap

Re: CKG

Post by Daniel »

Rigon wrote:I should have backed that Kickstarter after all. :(
I have said that myself a few times. :lol:

We will just have to commiserate in our need to wait. :D

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

The CKG 2nd print launched in PDF today. I just downloaded my copy.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Ok, I went to RPGNow and bought the PDF along with a few other things. I am so weak willed. :lol:

One interesting item to note. When I completed my transaction there were two files in my Library.

One named: TLG_8015_Castle_Keepers_Guide.pdf
and one named: TLG_8015_Castle_Keepers_Guide_Digital.pdf

The interesting part was the first, when opened is the first printing. The one with "Digital" when opened is the second printing.

Don't get me wrong, I do not mind being given both version files. I just thought if someone opens the first and does not open the second they might think they paid for the old printing file.

Either way, thank you so much for making it available to us so quickly. :D

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

It was waiting in my library! Yes Daniel the 2 copies being shown caught me off guard too.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

They decided to keep both copies available to us, the customers. BTW, they have already done two updates. So in a day or two, you may want to DL it again to get the most corrected version.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Treebore wrote:They decided to keep both copies available to us, the customers. BTW, they have already done two updates. So in a day or two, you may want to DL it again to get the most corrected version.
That is a cool thing to do. Leave the "Historical" as well as the latest. :D

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Treebore wrote:They decided to keep both copies available to us, the customers. BTW, they have already done two updates. So in a day or two, you may want to DL it again to get the most corrected version.

I'm collecting errata now that I've got the pdf.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Arduin wrote:

Not sure if it is errata, but the file I have has two sets of book marks, like they duplicated them in error. Both sets work, just no need for two. :D

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Daniel wrote:
Arduin wrote:

Not sure if it is errata, but the file I have has two sets of book marks, like they duplicated them in error. Both sets work, just no need for two. :D
That was one of the updates, getting rid of the extra set.

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Treebore wrote:
Daniel wrote: Not sure if it is errata, but the file I have has two sets of book marks, like they duplicated them in error. Both sets work, just no need for two. :D
That was one of the updates, getting rid of the extra set.
Well then, done and done. :mrgreen:

I am having fun reading this. I found the first few pages very much in line with how I think of rule sets and games. Nice to see it spelled out so clearly.

I also had a strange, but not bad, reaction to reading the aging table and the effects of aging. It reminding me of reading the AD&D DM's Guide and thinking about age and my poor human vs. the rest of the party who were all elves. What a fun memory that was.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Speaking of the aging tables...did they ever fix the ages of some of the standard races vs. the ages that were listed in the phb. I know some of them used to differ. Not sure which ones because I'm not home at the moment.