The german influence on names in C&C

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Re: The german influence on names in C&C

Post by Julian Grimm »

redwullf wrote:
gideon_thorne wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote:Now see how confusing it is for those of us who were stationed in the orient? Until Steve educated me, I was pronouncing it "Airhead."
Strangely apt pronunciation for this crew. :lol:
Of course the early iterations were called "Erde" - which is German for "Earth." 8-)

Personally I like Erde better than the new name which I tend to never spell the same way twice.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

And again, a word which I mispronounce. This time, I sound like the Swedish Chef when I say it.

"URdy, urdy, urrrrdee."
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

:lol:

I tend to use names based off of ancient culture more than anything. I have been running the A-series for my group and have changed many of the names in the module to fit my world. So you have Albion being the kingdom with city names like Corinth, Antioch, Ephesa, Cadogan, and such.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06