City adventures

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

City adventures

Post by AGNKim »

I normally hate pre-written adventures, but I'm kinda desperate. I'm looking for a solid city adventure for 6-8 level. Or even a good hook I can use to make my own.

Thanks, people. :D

Hal G
Red Cap

Re: City adventures

Post by Hal G »

AGNKim wrote:I normally hate pre-written adventures, but I'm kinda desperate. I'm looking for a solid city adventure for 6-8 level. Or even a good hook I can use to make my own.

For hooks I would say Bluffside, each location gives you 3 plot hooks. Yes, I am tooting my own horn here. :mrgreen:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Grey Citadel by Necromancer Games, Lost City of Barakus, also by Necromancer Games. Frog God may have put them back up as PDF's, otherwise, they are not easy to find in stores. Maybe you will be lucky and your LGS will have them sitting on their shelves. Bards Gate and City State of the Invincible Overlord are also good ones to own.For the level you want, the first two should work, if you can get your hands on them.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Also the old 2E Raven's Bluff stuff is probably in your level range, but I do not know if WOTC has put those PDF's up yet.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Much of the old Lankhmar material is good for city related adventures, such as the old City supplement.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Hal G wrote:
AGNKim wrote:I normally hate pre-written adventures, but I'm kinda desperate. I'm looking for a solid city adventure for 6-8 level. Or even a good hook I can use to make my own.

For hooks I would say Bluffside, each location gives you 3 plot hooks. Yes, I am tooting my own horn here. :mrgreen:
I have Bluffside sitting right here beside me. I started reading it and thought it a bit to 'foreign' to drop into my Greyhawk campaign and set it aside. I never ventured in and looked at the hooks and whatnot. I'll get right on that, thanks :)

And thanks, as well, Tree

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

Not quite a full fledged adventure, but it sounds as though it has plenty of hooks:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/5 ... of-Tell-Qa

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

I've run this with C&C, easy as pie to convert:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... m=emirikol+

You might bump up the difficulty level a tad, but otherwise, I think it would suit you.

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

I would recommend the Free City of Eskadia/Jack of Lies, the City of Dro Mandras, or the Town of Kalas, all Troll Lord products.

For my Greyhawk based campaign, I took the Free City of Eskadia/Jack of Lies, modified it a little to make it fit and dropped in place of Admundfort (Iuz no longer controls the island in my version of the World of Greyhawk). It is now a major trading city/port for all the shipping in and around the Nyr Dyv, as well as a staging area for those heading into the war zone that was once the Shield Lands. I haven't ran my players in it yet, but I really like what can be done with the module as far as adventuring goes.

I added a river and modified the terrain slightly around the ruins of Axeport and dropped the City of Dro Mandras (Troll Lord's DB Series) just about sixty miles north of what was Admundfort. The Duke is fighting a series of running battles (i.e. the war) against one of Iuz's lieutenants. I am also using Kalas in place of Ul-Bakak on the edge of the Bright Lands as a trade center and another city for my players to run around in.

With these, plus the Free City of Greyhawk itself (boxed set), I think my players (wizards, rogues, and assassins) will be quite happy with all the city adventures.

Just my two coppers worth.
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Oh, forgot to add that I put Yggsburg in as well east of Greyhawk.
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Aladar wrote:Oh, forgot to add that I put Yggsburg in as well east of Greyhawk.
I'm a big fan of Yggsburg, Gary did such an excellent job with it, its sad that it was never finished

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Dracyian wrote:
Aladar wrote:Oh, forgot to add that I put Yggsburg in as well east of Greyhawk.
I'm a big fan of Yggsburg, Gary did such an excellent job with it, its sad that it was never finished

+1 on that!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Dracyian & Lurker,

It is a shame that the Trolls were not allowed to continue expanding on Gary's work for Yggsburg, as well as Castle Z. :(
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Expansion of Castle Z and Yggsburgh? Would have been great, but the asking price went up after Gary died. Presently, those properties appear to be in limbo. On a nice note, I spoke with Ernie Gygax, Jr. at Gamehole Con in November. He was very complimentary of the Trolls. Wish I could remember one of his comments in particular. Maybe it was that (he felt) his dad was given more life, or lived longer by working with TLG. Sorry to Ernie if I'm getting that wrong. A kind fellow, and it was nice talking to him.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:Expansion of Castle Z and Yggsburgh? Would have been great, but the asking price went up after Gary died. Presently, those properties appear to be in limbo. On a nice note, I spoke with Ernie Gygax, Jr. at Gamehole Con in November. He was very complimentary of the Trolls. Wish I could remember one of his comments in particular. Maybe it was that (he felt) his dad was given more life, or lived longer by working with TLG. Sorry to Ernie if I'm getting that wrong. A kind fellow, and it was nice talking to him.
I remember gaming with him, Seskas and his wife and it was a good game, I did notice some of Ernie's ideas flow into our home campaign which was a lot of fun too

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

I would recommend any of the Freeport adventures by Green Ronin.

-Fizz