C&C @ GENCON ~ A Crusader's Guide to Off-Grid Games

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Omote
Battle Stag

C&C @ GENCON ~ A Crusader's Guide to Off-Grid Games

Post by Omote »

On the GENCON REGISTRATION thread
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14235
there was some discussion about how to get more C&C games at GenCon. We know that off-grid games of C&C happen even more frequently than the scheduled games (at times, this year seems to be one of them). So why not coordinate these off grid games for everybody?

So here's a quick and dirty idea... I started a Facebook group!

C&C @ GENCON ~ A Crusader's Guide to "Off-Grid" Games

If we want to get together, and discuss our on or off-grid games, Facebook provides and amazingly easy way to coordinate this. Plus, you can get this Facebook group on your smartphone. Get updates to on and off-grid C&C games on the go.

If you are on THE FACEBOOK, search out this group name.

I set the group up as a open group. Maybe this will be a great way to have GENCON CRUSADERS be able to coordinate a little bit more effectively. It's an experiment on a few levels. I've never created a group for Facebook, so let's see how this works. Excuse me if I mess it up. But I'll get it going. The 2nd level of the experiment is to see if we can actually get C&C players and CKs to join it!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Re: C&C @ GENCON ~ A Crusader's Guide to Off-Grid Games

Post by Snoring Rock »

Omote, you the man!

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Joined.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Ah, the first Knight has arrived. The winds of fate are strong. The dice rattle in our pockets, singing a song of battle...

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Fellow knight and crusader Moriarty (aka Pat Bellavance) has petitioned to join this quest.

M

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Ditto. Just floated a join request.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Ah, more noble Knights of the Off-Grid crusade. Welcome.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

GoOrange
Mist Elf

Post by GoOrange »

Can't find it searching on Facebook.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

VAE VICTUS!

GoOrange
Mist Elf

Post by GoOrange »

Thanks for the link! I have no idea why Facebook's search panel wouldn't find it.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

It is a tough search. I have noticed. When I searched for it a couple of times it doesn't come up number 1 on the search results, but is shifted to the upper right hand corner in an area called "featured searches." Weird.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

If you are going to GenCon, and looking to get in some OFF-GRID C&C while there, may I suggest you check out the following Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Castles ... desGENCON/

This is an OPEN group, but you have to "JOIN" this group and wait for a moderator to let you in. We do this to avoid unnecessary spamming and people who are not truly looking to play some off-grid C&C at GenCon. We apologize in advance if this is not optimal for you. At least it is a viable option to get in some much needed C&C at GenCon! If you are already a member, please tell your friends that are interested in playing off-grid C&C games at GenCon.

There are spots opening up for C&C at GenCon. I you haven't played with our very own resident Crusader Maximus SnoringRock, you owe it to yourself to get in on one of his mega-games! He's now offering up slots at his table! Get in now while the getting is good.

I've been asked a few times as to why I made this little CLOSED C&C group on Facebook, well here's the reason:
With the Facebook app on your phone, you can easily check to see who posts in the C&C @ GENCON, A CRUSADER'S GUIDE TO OFF-GRID GAMES and see up-to-the-minute who has openings in their off-grid games, and where those games are. This is a perennial problem at GenCon. Having a list of games at the TLG booth is cool, but the Dealer's Room is only open so many hours. Plus, the Trolls are not responsible for getting you in contact with other off-grid games. They've got enough to do selling product and shoeing away Tom Tullis of Fat Dragon Games. I have personally played in a few off-grid C&C games that never got enough players (perhaps 1-2) that had to fold because not enough people showed up, or knew where the C&C game was. The following days you hear endless players say "oh man, that would have been cool to go to if I only knew about it" and the like.

Don't let the enormity of GENCON get you down. If you want to play C&C, there ARE games being played. Please use this little resource to find them.

See you at the show.

~O

PS: It's funny, with the off-grid C&C games being run, and in the manner of requiring times and slots for these games, it's almost like a mini-C&C conventions within GenCon. :)
VAE VICTUS!

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Thanks for stepping up! If I were going to GenCon, I'd be all over this (and would probably only be playing off-grid C&C games).
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Off - grid games are heating up! The amazing James Mishler of Adventure Games Publishing and Wilderlands of High Adventure fame has joined the group and is looking to play or run. If you are going to GenCon be sure to pop on over at Facebook and get in a game.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Glad I saw this, Omote. I will be at GenCon. I'm going to miss a bit of Thursday unfortunately. Should be in by late afternoon. I'm assuming most of my Fri-Sun will be spent working the Troll booth. However, I'm hoping to find out if Stephen needs me to run any off-the-grid games in the evening (particularly for newbies). Once I figure out my schedule, I might have interest in playing or running. We need to get Todd Gray. I'm sure he wants to run a game for all of us after working in the dealers room all day. :lol: Stay in touch next week.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Awesome Tyler! I will be there too, and available to play in or run some games. Last year I had to fill a slot when the CK couldn't make it and Steve grabbed me and asked if I could do it. The last couple of years have been pretty turbulent and finances made me wonder if I was going to make it, so I haven't scheduled my normal events. Still, I will run a few off the grid games, and hope to spread the C&C gospel.

And of course, I will be in need of adult beverage time, so we all have to get together to tip one back. (O! I will buy the first round bro)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Bully!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Castles ... desGENCON/
Is there anybody looking to RUN a game on Wednesday (13 August, 2014) night at GenCon?

We've got players!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Yeah. We'll have to gather everybody for drinks, or whatever.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Omote wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/Castles ... desGENCON/
Is there anybody looking to RUN a game on Wednesday (13 August, 2014) night at GenCon?

We've got players!

~O
I have a strong request for Rappin Athuk. So I have it in hand and ready to go. I was thinking 7-ish at the Hyatt Regency. Anyone else interested? I am not sure how it will go over. If someone else wants to run something, I am very happy to play and I have another guy who wants to play. Omote, why don't you run something?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Snoring Rock, my arrival into Indy is delayed by a few hours. I will probably not have time to prepare and/or might not be able to make it until 7-8pm or so. Still planning on attending. Still want to play ('cus that is easy!).

~O
VAE VICTUS!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Getting things a bit more finalized. I believe I'll arrive 1p-4pm on Thursday. Hopefully, early enough to check out the dealers. Looks like I'm staying at the Marriott. Perhaps we can all coordinate to get a session going. I can't stay up too late, as I'll have to be up early for shower, breakfast, dealers room perusal, and dealers duties. Eric, I think I still have a cell number for you. Not sure about anybody else.