Old Threads

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Old Threads

Post by Fiffergrund »

Go resurrect an old thread. There's some really great stuff in there.

I killed some time today reading through the C&C Module threads. I will resurrect one of my own from 8 years ago. :)
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Re: Old Threads

Post by Zudrak »

Fiffergrund wrote:Go resurrect an old thread. There's some really great stuff in there.

I killed some time today reading through the C&C Module threads. I will resurrect one of my own from 8 years ago. :)
Really enjoying your threadcromancy, Fiff. I wish I'd more time/longer lunch breaks to do more myself.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I am reminded of my ability to be a dick.

Thank you.

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

I have some doozies, too. I even found some links back to the old boards (which are still up, btw).

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

What old boards?

I must say, some of the old threads being mixed in is a tad confusitating.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Relaxo wrote:What old boards?
TLG Boards I:
http://trolllordgames.yuku.com/

TLG Boards II:
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index.php ... llordgames

That makes the current boards the third instance.
I must say, some of the old threads being mixed in is a tad confusitating.
Get off my lawn!

;)

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Those old boards are sure hard on the eyes.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Sir Ironside wrote:Those old boards are sure hard on the eyes.
The original boards did not look like that before Yuku took them over. The second TLG boards were "customizable" in that you could change the theme/style of the way it looked from your profile page. When I go back, I make sure I log in.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I miss the stump forum from the first boards and the double flying the bird emoticon from the second.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Loved the old emoticons, like beating a dead horse, dancing bananas, etc.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

A couple of thoughts:

(1) It's fun to go back to the old boards to look around. I guess when I started I didn't remember names well, and so I'm amazed at some of the names of folks who have been around since the early days. 8-)

(2) I'm kind of bummed to see how many posts cannot be retrieved from TLG Boards I. I have fond memories of that board but a lot of content seems to have been lost over time. :(
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

serleran wrote:I am reminded of my ability to be a dick.

Thank you.
Dun dun duNNNnNNNNNNNNNnnnNNnnnnn!!!!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

finarvyn wrote:
A couple of thoughts:

(1) It's fun to go back to the old boards to look around. I guess when I started I didn't remember names well, and so I'm amazed at some of the names of folks who have been around since the early days. 8-)

(2) I'm kind of bummed to see how many posts cannot be retrieved from TLG Boards I. I have fond memories of that board but a lot of content seems to have been lost over time. :(
Agreed -- on both counts.
Julian Grimm wrote:I miss the stump forum from the first boards and the double flying the bird emoticon from the second.
EDIT: I tried posting the emoticon here last night/early this morning, but it didn't work. :?

-- E. Gary Gygax

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

I miss the theory threads. I tried to find some of them, especially the ones where we argued about 12/18 vs Target 20, and the thread containing the "ah ha!" moment where everyone understood how Primes would really affect the game. I couldn't find them. This saddens me.

If I only thought about saving that stuff at the time, it would be a really interesting read today.

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

I'm relatively new here, so your suggestion to go resurrect an old thread has led me down a wonderful road of old thread reading. Thank you... I'm still looking for just the right one to raise from the dead, but it will happen soon or later. ;)
~DMSamuel
---

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Fiffergrund wrote:I miss the theory threads. I tried to find some of them, especially the ones where we argued about 12/18 vs Target 20, and the thread containing the "ah ha!" moment where everyone understood how Primes would really affect the game. I couldn't find them. This saddens me.

If I only thought about saving that stuff at the time, it would be a really interesting read today.
I agree. Those "ah ha" moments were really cool. Looking back, I'm not sure that anything we did was amazing, but it sure seemed cool at the time. Like we were discovering a whole new way to build a RPG. Most of all, I felt like our ideas and suggestions actually meant something and were influential on C&C design.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I miss, ironically, the old development section where we had some... interesting... discussions. Yes. That and the Yggsburgh area. I had some really cool, to me, stuff in there. So did many others.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

serleran wrote:I miss, ironically, the old development section where we had some... interesting... discussions. Yes. That and the Yggsburgh area. I had some really cool, to me, stuff in there. So did many others.

First rgr on the Yggsburgh area.

Second, believe me, your stuff was really cool!!!

Sadly, the fire wall at work has been tightened so I can't look at any gaming threads there. So, I only have a limited time here at home to read the threads, sooooo I can't spend too much time looking at the old stuff, but I do have fond memories of the old stuff (V2 when I joined) ... now I feel old ....
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society