Disengage question?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
marroon69
Mist Elf

Disengage question?

Post by marroon69 »

I understand Hasty and Fighting Disengage, both make sense. But what has to happen to engage? Can I just move by a enemy if I do not engage them? or am I automatically engaged if I get with his reach...I would think the latter personally. I am new to C&C (one session so far)and I think I am over thinking things a little. But since this is my groups first time playing I am trying to stick the rules with no house rules to see how it plays. The second option makes sense but thought I would ask...

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Disengage question?

Post by Arduin »

marroon69 wrote:I understand Hasty and Fighting Disengage, both make sense. But what has to happen to engage? Can I just move by a enemy if I do not engage them? or am I automatically engaged if I get with his reach.
Depends on what the GM has the opponent do. If you walk by an armed monster that is aggressive you are likely to be attacked. Unless it is otherwise occupied. Logic must take front seat here.

A decision by a PC to "disengage" has no bearing on whether a monster decides to follow the PC.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

marroon69
Mist Elf

Post by marroon69 »

Sure that makes sense, I think we are suffering from game hangover....having everything spoon feed to us. I agree logic would make sense. So basically it is a GM call based on the situation

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

marroon69 wrote:Sure that makes sense, I think we are suffering from game hangover....having everything spoon feed to us. I agree logic would make sense. So basically it is a GM call based on the situation
Yep. But basically either a person backs away while guarding from attack or, they bug out from their melee opponent which probably means the monster gets an attack as they turn and run.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules