M&T Missing Portions of Tables

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Re: M&T Missing Portions of Tables

Post by Snoring Rock »

True. I think and updated PDF would be good.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Snoring Rock wrote:True. I think and updated PDF would be good.
Yes definitely.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Reason fosters delight.

Where's the contempt? Oh, that's me.

OK. I'll leave.

marroon69
Mist Elf

Post by marroon69 »

Yes being new to C&C...joined with the kickstarter I was hoping most of it wast ironed out (since it is the 6th printing), no big omissions or issues. From what I can tell it was just suppose to be a cleaned up re issue of last 2 printings (4 and 5) and it was moved to color (I am not a printer or a layout guy so I am sure I am making it sound easy). Everyone makes mistakes but owning up to it and offering to fix it is what makes long term customers. So Traveller I applaud you for stepping forward and admitting it was an issue. Now all I can hope for is a fixed pdf? maybe a discount on the reprint?

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

marroon69 wrote:Now all I can hope for is a fixed pdf? maybe a discount on the reprint?
Probably a fixed PDF. I don't know of any game company that would do more for a table error in a large RPG...
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

@marroon69: You're most definitely oversimplifying things. The PHB 6 was a clean-up of the fifth print. The fifth print was the first to see the text tightened up and clarifications made that the book honestly needed. The M&T 4 was a much larger project than the PHB 5, simply because there was a lot more to do to it than a simple text reading and cleanup. I'm not happy that I screwed things up with the tables, but despite that, I'm still happy with the result. That's because I know I did the best I could under the circumstances.

At one point Mongoose was offering a copy of the corrected printing of the Traveller core rulebook if you requested it and sent in the original. I actually took advantage of that after finding a second copy of the original printing used, and dirt cheap. Mongoose no longer does that, because they lost money in doing so, and as a small company like Troll Lord Games, you need every cent you can get. Thus, a discount isn't reasonable for something that can be fixed with a corrected copy of the appropriate pages in PDF. However, as I pointed out previously, it could be worse.