Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Treebore
Mogrl

Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Post by Treebore »

We have the "Beauty" stat again! Lots of interesting ideas for making high level characters even more powerful than the rules already make them be. Doubt I will be using much of this, but its still full of interesting ideas in its 20 pages.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Reading through the Epic Level Play PDF...

Post by Arduin »

A new C&C pdf?
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Arduin wrote:A new C&C pdf?
Yeah, just released to backers of the last Kickstarter.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:We have the "Beauty" stat again! Lots of interesting ideas for making high level characters even more powerful than the rules already make them be. Doubt I will be using much of this, but its still full of interesting ideas in its 20 pages.
Is it the first chapter excerpt thingy from the CKG? Like the one they put out away back before the CKG was a full thing. The one they were selling at TrollCon that year I went.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:We have the "Beauty" stat again! Lots of interesting ideas for making high level characters even more powerful than the rules already make them be. Doubt I will be using much of this, but its still full of interesting ideas in its 20 pages.
Is it the first chapter excerpt thingy from the CKG? Like the one they put out away back before the CKG was a full thing. The one they were selling at TrollCon that year I went.

R-
It is a lot like that. It covers the Beauty stat, then gives a fair number of additional powers for play at 12th level and above, going as high as 24th. For all of the core classes.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Sounds like the front of the CKG..
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

and they have already released an updated PDF!

:lol:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Captain_K wrote:Sounds like the front of the CKG..
It is, just not the same rules stuff.

I take that back, it is the same rules stuff, just formatted better and re organized to be in line with how they have the classes ordered in the newest PHB.

Sorry, since I don't use the CKG, I haven't looked at the CKG in probably a year or more. So it seemed new to me.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Rigon wrote:

R-
The current CKG has beauty & Epic level rules for all the core classes. Same thing as this "new" pdf.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Just down loaded it myself.. OK for stuff if you get that high...
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

The nice thing is you can hand this and not the whole CKG to a player at the table during creation or leveling.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Aergraith wrote:The nice thing is you can hand this and not the whole CKG to a player at the table during creation or leveling.
Exactly... it's also great for the player who just has the PHB but doesn't want to invest in the CKG. The only downside is that it really is just for epic stuff and I haven't heard of any campaigns running epic level stuff for C&C.

In the various campaigns I have run, I don't think any character has reached beyond 6th or 7th level. One will eventually get there though (or at least I hope it will). ;)

M

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

moriarty777 wrote:
Aergraith wrote:The nice thing is you can hand this and not the whole CKG to a player at the table during creation or leveling.
Exactly... it's also great for the player who just has the PHB but doesn't want to invest in the CKG. The only downside is that it really is just for epic stuff and I haven't heard of any campaigns running epic level stuff for C&C.

In the various campaigns I have run, I don't think any character has reached beyond 6th or 7th level. One will eventually get there though (or at least I hope it will). ;)

M
I've ran games up to 17th level in C&C, but I came up with my own stuff for going above what the PHB covers years before the CKG was released, and for some reason, I much prefer what I do over what is in the CKG.