Classic Monsters up for second printing..

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Classic Monsters up for second printing..

Post by Rigon »

Full color would be nice, but I'd rather see the "Classic Treasures" stuff.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I'm burnt out on the book-replacement treadmill for a while; any money I'd throw at a KS would be goodwill for the product line and not because I really needed the book. If color books with matching spines grow the player base, good luck, but this will be an on-sale PDF purchase for me in the future.

An errata sheet for the XP changes would be nice though.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Aergraith wrote:I'm burnt out on the book-replacement treadmill for a while; any money I'd throw at a KS would be goodwill for the product line and not because I really needed the book. If color books with matching spines grow the player base, good luck, but this will be an on-sale PDF purchase for me in the future.

An errata sheet for the XP changes would be nice though.
Well then the $10 pledge sounds like your cup of tea! Normal digital is $19.99.

SO you get your "on-sale PDF" and the changes in the book. Bonus when it reaches the $12k level and get it in color. :O)

TO go along with the brand new books from the Mythos. :O)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Damn you and your cold, Vulcan logic!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I certainly have no need to support any C&C KS for reprints, since I own everything already, but I do want a full color "set", so will support them to get them. As I have said before, I have bought nearly 30 PHB's over the years, most of which is because I also bought the copies my wife and 3 kids use. If I was buying for myself I would only have 6 or 7 copies. However, these full color versions are the last additional copies I will be buying.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

In for $29.99! Just need the book and want to help... some...
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Can we get on the proof reading team.. divide and conquer, some take a few letters... list of things to watch for.. really do this right when the time comes?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Should we already start threads on fixes to the book? Monsters that need to be added? Or is this already done? Traveller the guy in charge? If we're to help, I suggest we each take 5 pages and go into detail.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Captain_K wrote:Should we already start threads on fixes to the book? Monsters that need to be added?

That would not be a "fix" nor errata.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

not following you... is this rev fixes only? I thought I heard something about some new adds.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Captain_K wrote:not following you... is this rev fixes only? I thought I heard something about some new adds.
All I have heard of being added is new treasures. As far as I know the monster roster is remaining the same.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Captain_K wrote:not following you... is this rev fixes only? I thought I heard something about some new adds.

As Tree wrote.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Captain_K wrote:... Monsters that need to be added?
If you have an original monster or a common animal you want to write up, send it to the Society or just post it in a thread here; then we can all use it.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

The idea here was should we preemptively begin reviewing the book for issues so that we can help the official reviewers sooner than later? Under the ground rules noted.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Captain_K wrote:The idea here was should we preemptively begin reviewing the book for issues so that we can help the official reviewers sooner than later? Under the ground rules noted.
Steve and I actually talked about this when I ordered my T-shirts and Mug a week or two ago. In general, he wants to give us the PDF of ANY product a week or two before he has it printed, to give us a chance to identify anything he and his editors miss, etc... Especially since despite no matter how many editors he has look at something, stuff still gets missed, even as badly as Elemental Magics was "missed" the first time.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Captain_K wrote:Should we already start threads on fixes to the book? Monsters that need to be added? Or is this already done? Traveller the guy in charge? If we're to help, I suggest we each take 5 pages and go into detail.
No, I'm not in charge of this one as I'm still plugging away on Victorious, and I'm not sure I'm even going to get a look at it before it goes to print.

I will say this. Whomever does get the job should ping me so I can send them my notes on monster XP.

exoknight
Ungern

Post by exoknight »

I just bought this book a year ago! I'm going to pass on this kickstarter. If it does become full-color I might pledge but not really interested otherwise.
Check out my Blog.
Monster's Lair: A blog about uncommon creatures from OD&D to D20.
http://creaturespotlight.blogspot.com/

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Treebore wrote:
Arduin wrote:I'll hold off. They are getting in over their heads. Still waiting for the gross errata issues with the last CKG to be addressed.
At least it isn't as horrible as some other products they released. The PDF they released a couple of months ago by Jim Ward, the one with a bunch of magic spells, I am blanking on its proper name right now, was scary bad. The new PDF they released about two weeks ago is a heck of a lot better. I haven't caught any bad errors in Classic, but I don't use it that much, so I'm not surprised that I've missed mistakes. I am actually much more interested in a full color version of the M&T of A. But I will be happy getting a full color Classic first.
1. The color CKG with errors; and still waiting for the rest of the stuff/swag that comes with that KS.
2. The Elemental Magic mentioned above...oh yeah wait, I did not got either one, the bad one or the corrected one. Guess I just miss out. I do not rank high enough I suppose, as those who get theirs.
3. The missing chart/table in the color M&T; fabulous.
4. The list goes on...

There are still a lot of loose ends from other KS's yet incomplete. Then the finished product is missing tables, still has errors....

I don't know any more. I have 6 copies of the PHB spanning 3 printings and all with different levels of the same errors. 2 of the same on the CKG, and of course 2 printings on the M&T, the newest of which is missing a table and key information on some magic items. I do not think I have received the PDF's promised to me in the two KS's I am still waiting on. I am just KS'ed out man. :cry:

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Treebore wrote:
Captain_K wrote:The idea here was should we preemptively begin reviewing the book for issues so that we can help the official reviewers sooner than later? Under the ground rules noted.
Steve and I actually talked about this when I ordered my T-shirts and Mug a week or two ago. In general, he wants to give us the PDF of ANY product a week or two before he has it printed, to give us a chance to identify anything he and his editors miss, etc... Especially since despite no matter how many editors he has look at something, stuff still gets missed, even as badly as Elemental Magics was "missed" the first time.
The first time? So did it get released a second time? If so that really chaps my a$$. I got passed over again? I don't get it. Literally, I did not get mine either time.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Snoring Rock wrote:I do not think I have received the PDF's promised to me in the two KS's I am still waiting on.
Did you check your messages on Kickstarter? I always assumed I would get an email with the PDFs or a link to where I could download the PDFs. Not so much. The Trolls sent messages on Kickstarter with the download link(s). Check your messages on Kickstarter if you haven't yet. I just looked and saw the Trolls sent me a series of messages with the PDF download links. The most recent Elemental Magic link was sent on June 24th. Sadly, that link was set to expire in 3 weeks. I imagine the Trolls can get you a new link if you contact them about it.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I don't remember getting the Elemental Spells link sent to me since June 24th. I have not received a 2nd download link. I'm not sure they did as I'm usually on top of this kind of thing.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Omote wrote:I don't remember getting the Elemental Spells link sent to me since June 24th. I have not received a 2nd download link. I'm not sure they did as I'm usually on top of this kind of thing.

~O
Check your messages on Kickstarter.com and see whether it slipped past you.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Checked my messages on KS as Buttmonkey suggested. No luck. However, I did go back and look at the download link sent by TLG via Kickstarter from June 24th, 2015. I tried to download again. SUCCESS! Sort of. You can obtain the download links from RPGNOW that was sent on June 24, and repurchase the product for $0.00. When you do, it now gives you TWO download links, one for the original Elemental Spells, and one for TLG_8513_Elemental_Spells_Digital2.pdf

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

No messages. I went to Kickstarter.....nothing.

I tried RPG Now and I found the updated file.

Ok, so I do have one of the PDF's. What happened to the new weapons books and the other adventures? I think I read somewhere that it was coming but that other "projects" were taking up time. I think one KS at a time is good enough for just a few people working part time.

Never seen so nay back to back KS's.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Strange you guys didn't find a message on KS considering those messages are supposed to go to everyone signed up for the KS. Which is done by the KS system, not the Trolls, other than writing the messages and saying to send them, of course, but the actual distributions system for the e-mails is the KS. I got mine. All of them. Did you guys turn off the notifications? Thats the only reason I can think you wouldn't get them. Apparently, if you turn them off to not get the e-mail updates, you won't get the follow up messages, and won't have them saved for you via the KS website. That or you don't realize how many tabs you may have to read through to go through all the updates. Something like that, because you should have gotten the messages like the rest of us do.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I have not disabled my KS messages. I get them regularly, but not any about an updated Elemental Spells. If anybody hadn't got theirs yet, just go and re-purchase the Elemental Spells link from the original Kickstarter message. A few of us have tried and it worked.

BTW, Elemental Spells pdf 2 is now very nicely edited and updated by Jason Vey. Good work.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Omote wrote:
BTW, Elemental Spells pdf 2 is now very nicely edited and updated by Jason Vey. Good work.

~O
Yeah, the spells actually make sense now.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Omote wrote:I have not disabled my KS messages. I get them regularly, but not any about an updated Elemental Spells.
~O

Very weird. Guess the Trolls aren't the only people to have systems that fail to work as advertised...

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Treebore wrote:Strange you guys didn't find a message on KS considering those messages are supposed to go to everyone signed up for the KS. Which is done by the KS system, not the Trolls, other than writing the messages and saying to send them, of course, but the actual distributions system for the e-mails is the KS. I got mine. All of them. Did you guys turn off the notifications? Thats the only reason I can think you wouldn't get them. Apparently, if you turn them off to not get the e-mail updates, you won't get the follow up messages, and won't have them saved for you via the KS website. That or you don't realize how many tabs you may have to read through to go through all the updates. Something like that, because you should have gotten the messages like the rest of us do.
My notifications are not "turned off". I get an email every time there is an update or someone so much as farts in Arkansas. But I get nothing when it comes to the update adventure PDF's or the updated Elemental Spells. I agree with your last line "I should have gotten the messages like the rest of you" but I did not. Either my information is not entered in KS by the Trolls or KS is withholding it. Not likely. Maybe it is because my name was misspelled or some other Trollish errata.

My point here is, I will not participate in any more KS's until all of what I am already involved in, is compete. Someone stated earlier that they are in over their heads. That may be true. It is a lot of KS's. I thought that was for getting companies rolling. I get invitations to TLG KS's more often than junk mail now. I am KS'ed out...

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Snoring Rock wrote:
Treebore wrote:Strange you guys didn't find a message on KS considering those messages are supposed to go to everyone signed up for the KS. Which is done by the KS system, not the Trolls, other than writing the messages and saying to send them, of course, but the actual distributions system for the e-mails is the KS. I got mine. All of them. Did you guys turn off the notifications? Thats the only reason I can think you wouldn't get them. Apparently, if you turn them off to not get the e-mail updates, you won't get the follow up messages, and won't have them saved for you via the KS website. That or you don't realize how many tabs you may have to read through to go through all the updates. Something like that, because you should have gotten the messages like the rest of us do.
My notifications are not "turned off". I get an email every time there is an update or someone so much as farts in Arkansas. But I get nothing when it comes to the update adventure PDF's or the updated Elemental Spells. I agree with your last line "I should have gotten the messages like the rest of you" but I did not. Either my information is not entered in KS by the Trolls or KS is withholding it. Not likely. Maybe it is because my name was misspelled or some other Trollish errata.

My point here is, I will not participate in any more KS's until all of what I am already involved in, is compete. Someone stated earlier that they are in over their heads. That may be true. It is a lot of KS's. I thought that was for getting companies rolling. I get invitations to TLG KS's more often than junk mail now. I am KS'ed out...
I wonder if they are using KS as a preorder system to make sure there is a large enough initial investment to warrant printing the book and then make sure its large enough for color and offer perks to their community ?