Expanding Classes (C&C)

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Expanding Classes (C&C)

Post by Treebore »

Captain_K wrote:Sounds like it's worth the cost. Can we buy from trolls normal store?
So far I have only seen the PDF up on their store. I don't check every day, so the print may be up by now. The link I gave above to drive thru came from the Trolls e-mail. Why they don't link their store front by default baffles me.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

It's up. I ordered Print & Digital and got notification of shipped yesterday.

Plus Treebore I sent an email via TLG site about room for Garycon IX. Did you get?

Basically wife and son look like coming so we wouldn't be able to split. So either can pull my CC from current reservation or you can make a new one for yourself.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

thenorthman wrote:It's up. I ordered Print & Digital and got notification of shipped yesterday.

Plus Treebore I sent an email via TLG site about room for Garycon IX. Did you get?

Basically wife and son look like coming so we wouldn't be able to split. So either can pull my CC from current reservation or you can make a new one for yourself.
I got a notification in my e-mail, but it didn't show up here in my forum inbox. Right now I am very sick. I haven't gamed in weeks, to give an idea of how bad I have been feeling. Go ahead and keep the reservation, I'll see if I can get my own.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I got mine today from the esteemed Party Muchacho. Who graciously picked me up a copy when he was at GenCon. I'll have to start digging into it tomorrow.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

Can someone provide clarification to Enhanced Class?

Take the case of a new character, a Fighter supported by Assassin.

At the start the character has all Fighter abilities plus the Skills & Abilities listed on Table 2.3A on page 6. Instead of a d10 for HP the character uses a d8 as per Table 2.1.

As the character adventures, 2nd level will be reached at 2001 + 876 = 2877 XP at which point he/she gains the usual Fighter abilities as well as Death Attack and Sneak Attack as per Table 2.3A.

Am I incorrect in any of this?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I believe that to be exactly correct. In that case, the fighter would not gain any additional class abilities (the fighter doesn't gain any at 2nd level), but would increase their BTH to +2.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

Omote wrote:I believe that to be exactly correct. In that case, the fighter would not gain any additional class abilities (the fighter doesn't gain any at 2nd level), but would increase their BTH to +2.

~O
Great. Thanks for confirming... for some reason I was having a brain fart and getting myself confused (damn you CCAS). From this I can extrapolate everything else.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I don't have this book at all (yet). Does anyone mind telling me how these classes differ from multiclassed (class-and-a-half, for example) characters?
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.