View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Gnome burrowing animals 
Greater Lore Drake

Post Gnome burrowing animals
I have always assumed the Gnome friends are "small" true tunneling mammals.. not just den diggers... it was recently pointed out to me bears dig their own dens nearly every year.. making them something gnomes can have empathy with... I'm like, no I don't think so.. all examples are little and true tunnelers.. like gnomes... so I'm inclined to say, "no to bears"..

Thoughts?

Possibly a semi-empathetic weaker link since the link to the den is only to hibernate..

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:07 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Gnome burrowing animals
I'll admit this first, I am NOT a fan of gnomes. I've never played one, I've never had one played in a game I ran (back in the day) and I don't think I've included them as a race in my home brew world . So, what I say should be taken with a grain of salt.

That said, it sounds right to me. It makes sense. The should have full empathy with the deep diggers . I could understand an argument for things like rabbits field mice gophers etc too. But a bear ... at best a chance for a friendly reaction but not full empathy.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:27 am
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Gnome burrowing animals
Thanks for the input. I had always inserted in my mind "small burrowing mammals"... but way back to the old PH its read as its read.

Personally I have an issue with one spell to "animal friendship".. who finds a friend and immediately subjugates them to adventuring life style. I'd never do that to my kids... its too dangerous.. my friends maybe.. but innocent animals.. that has always been my beef with the whole druid issue... you love animals and nature yet you use them as meat shields in many a spell.. illogical.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]