Oriental Classes?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Oriental Classes?

Post by Go0gleplex »

Celticgamer wrote:The good thing is, I am part Korean/Japanese in reality, so this isn't out of my expertise really. It is all part of my heritage and background, and boy is it! The Celtic thing is my academic expertise, and I am soon to add the Asian to it as well with a degree or two as well. Expect the same level or greater in these books of detail.
I'm actually rather looking forward to it. :)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Go0gleplex wrote:
Celticgamer wrote:The good thing is, I am part Korean/Japanese in reality, so this isn't out of my expertise really. It is all part of my heritage and background, and boy is it! The Celtic thing is my academic expertise, and I am soon to add the Asian to it as well with a degree or two as well. Expect the same level or greater in these books of detail.
I'm actually rather looking forward to it. :)

Me too!

However, I'll say my interest is more on the steppe than China or Japan.

I'll admit it is a relatively new interest for me compared to my long love and interest in ancient/medieval/early modern Europe. However, the more I look the more I see that the dominos that crashed down in Europe started the fall in the Steppes. However, without those exact same steppes you wouldn't have the long road connecting Greece/Rome and her offspring to China in her different iterations. No silk and spice into Europe no Roman glass wool and wine from grape and berries back to the east end of the road.

So yes I look forward to all books, but the most interest for me is the one that covers that long dust dangerous exotic road and the peoples who inhabit it hunt it and travel it

Oh yeah goes without saying I can't wait for the China book if only for the rules on martial arts !!!!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I have the shaolin warrior done, needs some roll testing and a bit more history. I decided to make this the shaolin trained "monk" who travels for temples or who has left the temple... the shaolin warrior monks.. come in two varieties Buddhist or Taoist.. they would be multi class or class and a half with cleric or wizard/illusionist respectively... rarely triple class but some exist. So the warrior should be seen as a variant to the PH monk. I'm trying not too add too much Chinese history, but enough to help explain. For sure, he's a martial artist.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Oh, I am looking for roll testers or reviews prior to going into the next Domesday..

PS. A nod to all us old timers, its got all the old 1st ed DnD PH monk sort of snuck in there too!
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.