EXPERT BACKPACKS

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Hex08
Skobbit

EXPERT BACKPACKS

Post by Hex08 »

I am looking at the expert backpacks in The Adventurer's Backpack and really like the idea of them but am confused by the quick release feature. If a combat round is 10 seconds and an expert backpack takes one to three seconds to remove what is the impact of removing one intended to be when a character acts?

My personal inclination is to say if the Dex check is successful then it takes the stated one second to remove and there is no impact on the character for the round; the can make all of the actions they might otherwise make if they were not encumbered. If the check is failed then removing one is the same as if they had moved during the round. Sound reasonable? Any other interpretations?

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: EXPERT BACKPACKS

Post by Captain_K »

1 of 10 seconds in the round is "no time", I would agree. The 3 of 10 seconds sounds like a half move then some other action allowed with the half move. I think that might be what you state... but 3 sec should not be a full move and thus no other actions that round.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

How would you rule the time to remove a standard back pack? A full 10 sec? scale it based on that.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Hex08
Skobbit

Post by Hex08 »

I like the idea that 3 seconds would be a half move, I'll go with that.