Warning Deep Dive CnC history Question:

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Warning Deep Dive CnC history Question:

Post by Captain_K »

At what level did the founder's declare their PCs to become the god's of their worlds?

20th?

We are playing sort of in Ardhe and our PCs are approaching 10th lvl.... if our PCs overtake their PCs..

A battle of the old vs new "gods" could be fun....

Just curious???

My Priest of the All Father is on a global quest to remind the world, Odin created it all, bring him back to power....
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Warning Deep Dive CnC history Question:

Post by Captain_K »

Seriously, 60 readers and no one knows the history of the game we all play?

Where is the Bard when you need them...
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Well I can't answer your history question - Far from a bard I am, heck I don't even like singing at church !

However, your cleric on a quest. I like that

I admit I've never ran in the setting, but I have wanted to. However, if I did, I would have the pantheon as by the book, then a Greek/Roman pantheon, and a Norse Pantheon, and an old almost forgotten Egypt pantheon. And, yes, they would all have powers and they would all unite only in defeating and keeping the forces of The Horned God at bay.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Thanks.

Is there anyone on the boards, that are from the original gaming group with Steve and Davis?

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

This seems like an excellent question to ask at one of Steve's Tuesday Ask Me Anything sessions on Twitch.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I have not attended that, but great idea. If you attend and want to ask... go for it and let me know what he says... I would be in your debt!

mostrojoe
Red Cap

Post by mostrojoe »

I don't even ask myslef the question. In Mystara the player characters can become Immortals at the end of their careers.
In Mystara again, the Court Wizards, Terari, is a 20th level Wizard, so we can say that's a remarkable achievement.

I don't think characters should become gods, I prefer to see them as "living legends".

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Gods come and go, get raised or demoted, new demigods arrive, heroes raised on high. Mortals can become immortal by hook, crook, or hard works.
It gives you something to strive toward.

I think once long ago, we all played "Godlings", the offspring of a god of our choice and some mortal or creature... each PC had one power and one 20 or 21 score.. we battled epic creatures... well not at first, we did start them at like 3rd level.. it was all very Hellenistic.

If I under stand it correctly, the original team's PCs are several of the Gods of this world they created. Seems like that would make great stories.