Should I be able to login to the store and see my previous purchases and downlosd them?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
apastuszak
Skobbit

Should I be able to login to the store and see my previous purchases and downlosd them?

Post by apastuszak »

I wanted to buy the Codex Slavorum, so I went to the store to login and buy print+digital. I had to reset my password. But I got in and bought the book.

When I go into my purchase history, I don't see any previous purchases.

Admittedly, I don't have many previous purchases, because I buy most of my PDFs from Drive Thru RPG, so most of my purchases from the TLG store have been the freebies and dollar deals.

I guess that leads me to some questions about the TLG Store. I would prefer to use the TLG Store, because I don't get the annoying watermarks, and I'd rather TLG get all my money, rather the having to give a cut to Drive Thru RPG. But to do that, I need a couple of questions answered.

1. Will the TLG Store allow me to access old purchases and download them?
2. Will the TLG Store send me notifications when the PDFs have been updated?
3. Is there any way to show "proof of purchase" from Drive Thru RPG and get digital books at a discount? I don't expect a free book, since there are hosting and download costs, but if I could "move" a purchase to the TLG Store for a reasonable fee, I might consider doing so, just to have all my C&C stuff in one place.

Mods, move this to whatever forum you feel is appropriate.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Should I be able to login to the store and see my previous purchases and downlosd them?

Post by Captain_K »

Sounds like a question to Tim the troll lord..
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

maximus
Lore Drake

Re: Should I be able to login to the store and see my previous purchases and downlosd them?

Post by maximus »

apastuszak wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:04 pm
I wanted to buy the Codex Slavorum, so I went to the store to login and buy print+digital. I had to reset my password. But I got in and bought the book.

When I go into my purchase history, I don't see any previous purchases.

Admittedly, I don't have many previous purchases, because I buy most of my PDFs from Drive Thru RPG, so most of my purchases from the TLG store have been the freebies and dollar deals.

I guess that leads me to some questions about the TLG Store. I would prefer to use the TLG Store, because I don't get the annoying watermarks, and I'd rather TLG get all my money, rather the having to give a cut to Drive Thru RPG. But to do that, I need a couple of questions answered.

1. Will the TLG Store allow me to access old purchases and download them?
2. Will the TLG Store send me notifications when the PDFs have been updated?
3. Is there any way to show "proof of purchase" from Drive Thru RPG and get digital books at a discount? I don't expect a free book, since there are hosting and download costs, but if I could "move" a purchase to the TLG Store for a reasonable fee, I might consider doing so, just to have all my C&C stuff in one place.

Mods, move this to whatever forum you feel is appropriate.
I haven't had any issues ordering directly from their website, but did have a few when ordering from drivethrurpg. Tim was super responsive and got it solved quickly. Have you reached out to the Trolls directly?

Welcome to the forum BTW! Not much actively of late here, but it will pick up. It seems go in peaks and valleys.

apastuszak
Skobbit

Post by apastuszak »

I think everyone is on Discord.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Many people are, but I can't keep up with all that.

apastuszak
Skobbit

Post by apastuszak »

I agree with you. It's nice to dip your toes in, but forums are still better for keeping up with long conversations.