New CK Screen

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Persimmon
Ulthal

New CK Screen

Post by Persimmon »

Well, my new CK screen arrived today and I must say I'm mildly disappointed. First off, it's pretty damn flimsy compared to others on the market that retail for the same price, such as the Old School Essentials screen. Mine was a bit bent because they shipped it in a padded envelope and the mailman shoved it in the mailbox, rolling it up a bit. More significantly, there's less useful info in the screen itself, most notably no list of weapons and damage like they have in the old screen. No treasure types, class abilities or experience point tables. Instead, you get stuff like lodging & meal prices and rates for breaking through surfaces. All in all, I find it less useful than the screen I already have, which I just put into one of those generic drive thru World's Greatest Screen holder things. The picture's nice, though.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

jahydin
Ungern

Re: New CK Screen

Post by jahydin »

That's too bad. I can't stand flimsy screens. Hopefully their next one will be on par with OSE's, probably my current favorite.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Interesting. Mine hasn't arrived yet. Hoping to see it this week.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

My screen arrive today. Looks really nice! I'll probably give it a try the next time I run an in-person game... but it will be pretty difficult for me to abandon the landscape screen the Trolls released a few years ago.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

got them and used them the same day.

stock is thick enough to prevent normal vision, so fine for me. It isn't armor plating against anything heavier than a die most of the time.

Pictures on outside are nice, and retro, but I would have thought LARGE font rules for players on the outside they could read from across the room would have been useful. Or a dry erase board panel for initiative order?

middle panels of combat and adventure are great. Meals and Lodging will never get used and move and weather might get used.

But in the end, what I want can be taped down over everything thing that is there.

Nice job on average.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

The screen looks great. Stock is fine. Lots of useful info. Compliments the old screen.

Now I just need to find a larger table so I can use both screens!
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Got mine last weekend. I'm a little underwhelmed. It's ok, but I prefer the 2 screen/4 panel version I have with the graphics from the the 6th PHB.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I just got an email asking me to rate the screens, I always feel guilty when I don't give a shining review. The engineer in me always wants to make suggestions for improvements...
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Captain_K wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:19 pm
I just got an email asking me to rate the screens, I always feel guilty when I don't give a shining review. The engineer in me always wants to make suggestions for improvements...
I received one as well. I usually fill them out and am brutally honest, but for some reason I deleted this one. Must be getting soft in my old age...

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

I was honest with mine and in a rather ironic turn I ended up getting an extra screen by accident in another shipment. So now I have two underwhelming screens, plus the old one that I put in the World's Greatest Screen binder thing.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....