Looking for Solo CYOA-Style Adventure

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
serleran
Mogrl

Looking for Solo CYOA-Style Adventure

Post by serleran »

So... my wife's birthday is upcoming and we don't get a lot of time to play any games together with her now taking care of her dad during the week and working overtime (4-6 hours) virtually every day and I wanted to give her something that she could play, on her own, and still have that sort of "playing with me" vibe. I decided upon using Twine to write it which is basically a very simple HTML-like CYOA-like style with "passages" acting as major points in the "story." Anyway, what I need are some relatively short (maybe 50-60 pages, at most) "choose your own adventure" adventures with a dwarf protagonist preferably. If not a dwarf, I'll need to modify it so the character is a dwarf. Power level is not really important. Real problem is I need three of them...

1) something straightforward vanilla fantasy (a C&C-esque play)
2) something akin to cyberpunk or steampunk (or modifiable to be so) [Shadowrun-like, so maybe based on the Anarchy rules?]
3) a post-apocalypse setting with the "dwarf" being a bear, in actuality for a Gamma World-inspired minigame

I have ideas for these but if I can find something useful already ready it'll make it much easier for me to finish her present.

[Oh, and in case you try, please do not respond via PM. I disabled them.]

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Looking for Solo CYOA-Style Adventure

Post by Captain_K »

Are you asking us to write 50 pages of adventure with a dwarf as the "hero"? I have a Norse dwarf centric module. I could send you that via email.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Looking for Solo CYOA-Style Adventure

Post by serleran »

No, I am not asking anyone to write anything except a response, preferably with a link to some existing adventure of Choose-Your-Own style book that is similar to my request. For example, I know there are numerous solo adventures available for the Tunnels and Trolls RPG but I do not own them all, and barely have 10 or so... and the ones I do have are a bit longer than I would like as a basis.

I could have been more clear but at this point I will just Thanos it.