View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Classy Classes 
Hlobane Orc

ZeornWarlock wrote:
lol @ at most of you. But poisoning the doorknob would simply dispatch the ones outside the room.
What other non-spell casting class would you guys and girls like to see?

ZW.

This probably would have a spellcasting class, but I'd like to see Oriental Adventures eventually.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:22 pm
Mogrl

GreyLord wrote:
This probably would have a spellcasting class, but I'd like to see Oriental Adventures eventually.

My daughter and I are thinking of converting L5R/Rokugan to C&C.

I also want to make one thing clear about feats in my game. I haven't exactly added them.

I have added that you can attempt to do a feat like action. Like the Cleave feat.

You take a monster/NPC down and want to try and get a hit on another creature next to them. You tell me you want to try and get an extra attack in like the Cleave feat. I tell you roll a dex check TN 12 or 18 + the HD of the creature your attempting to get the extra attack against. If you succeed you get the attack attempt. If not the creature did some move or blockiing action that totally prevented the possibility, reflected by his HD added to the rolls TN.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:34 am
Red Cap

Combat_Kyle wrote:
... However I have been puzzled by their inability to pick locks. This means that a 12th level assasin can be foiled by a sturdy door and a deadbolt...

I would give this ability to the assassin at 1/2 his class level. I would also reduce his traps ability to 1/2 his class level to even things out.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:42 pm
Red Cap

My favourite class to play in any version of D&D (and I count C&C as one version) is the wizard/magic-user. But that aside ...

Classes I like in C&C:

~ Illusionist (I love that the class is back!).

~ Bard (C&C has the best version of the class yet IMO -- I dig the idea of the skald).

~ Ranger (again, C&C has the best version of the class yet -- a real outdoorsman with no need for magic).

Classes I don't like in C&C:

~ Barbarian (I cannot understand why anyone would ever choose to play this class, or why anyone would want to be in a party with one).

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:54 pm
Hlobane Orc

You take a monster/NPC down and want to try and get a hit on another creature next to them. You tell me you want to try and get an extra attack in like the Cleave feat. I tell you roll a dex check TN 12 or 18 + the HD of the creature your attempting to get the extra attack against. If you succeed you get the attack attempt. If not the creature did some move or blockiing action that totally prevented the possibility, reflected by his HD added to the rolls TN.[/quote]

Thats exactly how I ran the same encounter when the fighter in the party wanted to attack all three of the goblins infront of her with the two-handed axe. I don't use feats myself but we just roleplayed it, I said for her to make a str&dex check at CL3 ( base 12) and then roll to hit all three. She managed both checks and hit and killed all three goblins in one swoop. Now I don't always allow such attacks but if roleplayed well and if it makes the game interesting..why not.

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:04 pm
Hlobane Orc

Akrasia wrote:
My favourite class to play in any version of D&D (and I count C&C as one version) is the wizard/magic-user. But that aside ...

Classes I like in C&C:

~ Illusionist (I love that the class is back!).

~ Bard (C&C has the best version of the class yet IMO -- I dig the idea of the skald).

~ Ranger (again, C&C has the best version of the class yet -- a real outdoorsman with no need for magic).

Classes I don't like in C&C:

~ Barbarian (I cannot understand why anyone would ever choose to play this class, or why anyone would want to be in a party with one).

I think Babarians are great ! The guy that plays a Dwarven Barbarian in our party thinks Its the best thing since sliced bread. Also he was glad when he was encircled by the enemy they didn't recieve a flank attack bonus ( although they ended up kicking the beegeebies out of him anyways).

IMP

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:08 pm
Hlobane Orc

The classes are what I like least about C&C. I use their AD&D counterparts; however, here's my 2 cents.

Fighter: Bland but servicable

Ranger: Gimme my spells back and we're cool.

Paladin: Same.

Illusionist: One of the few classes I like.

Rogue: Bah, gimme back my thief. Good class, crappy name.

Assassin: Nice class.

Barbarian: Useless.

Wizard: It works.

Cleric: They need 7 levels of spells. The ignorant thought this was a weakness in 1e, it was not. It was a HUGE advantage, essentially giving the class its 9th level spells 4 levels before the wizard.

Druid: Same as cleric.

Knight: Not impressed.

Bard: I like this. I call him a skald and use the 1e bard as a true bard.

Monk: Much like the bard, I use it as an alternate college of monks.

Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2