Halfling Bonus With Slings?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Dragonhelm
Red Cap

Halfling Bonus With Slings?

Post by Dragonhelm »

If memory serves correctly, the Halfling got a bonus with attack rolls with slings in AD&D. I didn't see that for the C&C halfling. Did I miss something in there or am I remembering that wrong?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

No, you're remembering it right, mostly... its a +1 bonus with any thrown or projectile, excluding crossbows and bows. The C&C halfling doesn't have the ability. Why? Ask the Trolls.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

This is something I house rule, but so far none of my players have tried running a halfling. I did it just because halflings seemed a bit underpowerd compared to the rest of the demihumans.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Combat_Kyle wrote:
This is something I house rule, but so far none of my players have tried running a halfling. I did it just because halflings seemed a bit underpowerd compared to the rest of the demihumans.

I agree, IMC I allowed a +1 AC bonus.(carried over from 3E), the bonus with slings and thrown weapons may be houseruled in as well. I always liked this rule from my 2E days.