ILSHARA - Bigger, Badder, Better

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Post Reply
User avatar
seskis281
Lore Drake
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Manitowoc WI
Contact:

ILSHARA - Bigger, Badder, Better

Post by seskis281 »

Especially for those of you who wanted some larger scale to pictures, I have another update as my website progresses.

Check out the new Maps section - includes large map of continent and sections of every area now. Moving closer and closer....

The Jendar maps are now complete and look sharper too.

By the way Treebore.... the city part of the Gazetteer is nearly finished.

Thanks!

John Maddog Wright

P.S. - From here on just gonna post updates and info on this forum here and on the Dragonsfoot C&C forum.

Website again is: http://johnwright281.tripod.com/
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Treebore
Mogrl
Posts: 20660
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Arizona and St Louis

Post by Treebore »

How did you draw and color all that without messing it up?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

User avatar
Omote
Battle Stag
Posts: 11560
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Contact:

Post by Omote »

It looks like colored pencils.

............................................Omote

FPQ
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

User avatar
Combat_Kyle
Ulthal
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: St. Paul, MN
Contact:

Post by Combat_Kyle »

It looks good. Sigh, if I only had your cartography skills for my own campaign world.
_________________
CK the CK
"My goddess touched me at an early age."

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

User avatar
seskis281
Lore Drake
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Manitowoc WI
Contact:

Post by seskis281 »

Omote wrote:
It looks like colored pencils.

............................................Omote

FPQ

You are correct sir - I do my cartography by doing 8 1/2 x 11 pencil rough drawings of ideas, and then I used pencil, ink and colored pencils for details onto two poster-boards. The sections on the maps part of the site I am transferring to publisher, will edit and gussy up a bit and provide as a Map Folio in pdf in the next week or so.

Cheers!

John Maddog Wright
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

serleran
Mogrl
Posts: 13866
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am

Post by serleran »

Cool. I like the maps. Haven't read anything, but I like the maps.

Maliki
Lore Drake
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Maliki »

Combat_Kyle wrote:
It looks good. Sigh, if I only had your cartography skills for my own campaign world.

I know the feeling.
_________________
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword!

User avatar
Omote
Battle Stag
Posts: 11560
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Contact:

Post by Omote »

seskis281 wrote:
You are correct sir - I do my cartography by doing 8 1/2 x 11 pencil rough drawings of ideas, and then I used pencil, ink and colored pencils for details onto two poster-boards. The sections on the maps part of the site I am transferring to publisher, will edit and gussy up a bit and provide as a Map Folio in pdf in the next week or so.

That is very cool Seskis, because that is the exact route I take in my campaign worlds. For some reason, a nice hand-drawn map really makes a setting "pop" for me. Computerized maps are nice, but they seem so impersonal ~ but this throught process comes from a creator of worlds. I think that Seskis, you and I probably think similarly. Much respect.

..........................................Omote

FPQ
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Post Reply