View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Is the C&C PHB 2nd print avail for purch as a PDF? 
Skobbit

Post Is the C&C PHB 2nd print avail for purch as a PDF?
Is the Castles & Crusades Players Handbook 2nd printing available for purchace as a PDF?

I looked all through the two partners listed on the Troll Lords site, Drivethrurpg and Rpgnow but I seem to find ever other Troll Lord product except the C&C PHB 2print.

I don't really want the condensed PHB I want the full meal deal. And I prefer the PDF as I can fiddle with it and make my own Version of the C&C in Adobe Acrobat with my house rules edited in seemlesly.

If it is not yet availible does anyone have any info on if/when it might be availible as a PDF?

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:29 am
Mogrl

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:34 am
Battle Stag

It's strange (IMO) as to why TLG has not done this yet? Not that I'm interested in a .pdf version of the rules, but it seems to me that TLG would want their flagship version of their most popular game in the forefront of .pdf RPG dealers. Why have "outdated" material up there?

.........................................Omote

FPQ

Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

That would be a good way to get people hooked as well. They may not want to shell out the money for the print book, but may spend less on a curiosity glance.

I wouldn't mind having a PDF copy so I can look at it at work. Not that I would do that... *whisltes*

Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:35 pm
Red Cap

Omote wrote:
It's strange (IMO) as to why TLG has not done this yet? Not that I'm interested in a .pdf version of the rules, but it seems to me that TLG would want their flagship version of their most popular game in the forefront of .pdf RPG dealers. Why have "outdated" material up there?

FPQ

Books are hardly "outdated", besides PDFs absolutely suck, unless someone has spent hours carefully indexing the work, which is rare in the PDF world.

What can you do with all your PDFs when the power is out? Not much.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:04 pm
Mogrl

I hated pdf's until someone, on these boards I believe, pointed out those little control icons in the bottom right of the pdf reader page. I selected side by side and have been much happier ever since. In fact I think Brian pointed that out to me. It has to do with his Killer Cave threads anyways.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:24 pm
Battle Stag

The first printing of C&C is "outdated" simply because the 2nd printing is is the more viable form of the game IMO. I agree .pdfs generally stink, but there is a large portion of the gamer audience that likes them, and you don't want them buying a .pdf that is not your best effort (sorry Trolls, it the truth).

FPQ

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Renegade Mage

Personally, I would love to have a PDF version of the PHB (2nd Printing). It's not that I want to save money but it can be practical for quick reference (say on a flash drive).

I don't consider it a replacement for the actual book. Hell, I have two copies of the PHB and two copies of the M&T book. The only oddity I find is that the M&T guide is available on RPG Now! at the same cost of the actual book ($19.95).

Despite that, I'm still considering getting that too because, if i decided to use a premade module, I can just print out the monsters I need (for details). It is also a snap if you are writing your own adventure and copy the creature stats block into the work.

In short, a PDF gives me a slightly different functionality than conventional print would that benefits me.

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:14 am
Mogrl

Yeah, since I have been writing my own module/adventure submissions PDF's have been a godsend.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:24 am
Skobbit

An "upgrade kit" would be nice, with any actual changes

Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]