You Do Not Have to Pay To Join Knights of the Crusade

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

You Do Not Have to Pay To Join Knights of the Crusade

Post by Troll Lord »

Greetings all,

There has been some questions about paying to get into the Knights of the Crusade, which we've only just announced.

Here's the structure.

C&C Society is free of charge. It will have its own downloads, chat room (or google hangout, we haven't gotten that far).

or/and

The Knights of the Crusade

You can join the knights by submitting material for the Knights. Much of this will be things that CKs can use on the fly, like NPCs, adventures, etc. TLG is uploading similar material right now. But it doesn't have to be, it might just be some material you want to share with the Knights. That's fine too. It only takes 1000 written words a year to get into the Knights OR 4 hours of running a game in a shop/convention/club. Then your in.

The more you do, the higher rank you gain which comes with the discounts and other stuff. There will be a bunch of downloadable material from TLG there as well.

or

If you don't want to do anything at all, but you want the discounts etc etc you can pay for membership. 5 bucks is the minimum (and the downloadable content that is already up there runs for 5.99 hahah). But if you want the mugs and tshirts and greater discounts you can pay more etc etc. The ring is the high dollar thing (and really what drives that high dollar membership level as the cost per unit is, as you can imagine, very high), but it is silver with a raised logo.

We are going to switch up the membership page because I think the way its presented now makes people think they have to pay to get in, which you don't. You do have to contribute to the community though...unless you don't want to then you can enjoy the benefits of the Society!

Hope that clears it up a bit.
Steve

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Re: You Do Not Have to Pay To Join Knights of the Crusade

Post by zacharythefirst »

Thanks for clarifying, Steve--is that why the membership page is down? I have a few files I'd like to contribute, and I'm definitely interested in signing up (at what level, I'm not yet sure).

Thanks!
Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Tim has been wrestling with those pages for a few days, trying to get an uploads folder set up so that we can just upload files without too much hastle.

I'm working with Tim to see how best to get submissions to the Knights so you can properly join.

But for now, the honor system will suffice.

If you have material to submit, just shout at me here and we'll get you a logon and password and work the kinks out.

Thanks!
Steve

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

Troll Lord wrote:But for now, the honor system will suffice.
Well, I have a question. Apparently running games at cons will get you credit for entrance. I ran a bunch of C&C games at a con earlier this year - does that count, or only those run after the announcement?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

mmbutter wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:But for now, the honor system will suffice.
Well, I have a question. Apparently running games at cons will get you credit for entrance. I ran a bunch of C&C games at a con earlier this year - does that count, or only those run after the announcement?
Your good to go. Just let us know where/when so we can put it in the lists of where we have been and where we might be next year.

Steve

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

Con of the North. I ran 4 sessions there 2/14-16/2014. I plan on running a similar number of games again next year (2/13-15/2015).

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

I went ahead and paid the $5 for a Knight-Errant. I figured I can always upgrade later, as needed. Looking forward to checking everything out!
Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Is there a place to check out this "ring"?
Troll Lord wrote:Greetings all,

There has been some questions about paying to get into the Knights of the Crusade, which we've only just announced.

Here's the structure.

C&C Society is free of charge. It will have its own downloads, chat room (or google hangout, we haven't gotten that far).

or/and

The Knights of the Crusade

You can join the knights by submitting material for the Knights. Much of this will be things that CKs can use on the fly, like NPCs, adventures, etc. TLG is uploading similar material right now. But it doesn't have to be, it might just be some material you want to share with the Knights. That's fine too. It only takes 1000 written words a year to get into the Knights OR 4 hours of running a game in a shop/convention/club. Then your in.

The more you do, the higher rank you gain which comes with the discounts and other stuff. There will be a bunch of downloadable material from TLG there as well.

or

If you don't want to do anything at all, but you want the discounts etc etc you can pay for membership. 5 bucks is the minimum (and the downloadable content that is already up there runs for 5.99 hahah). But if you want the mugs and tshirts and greater discounts you can pay more etc etc. The ring is the high dollar thing (and really what drives that high dollar membership level as the cost per unit is, as you can imagine, very high), but it is silver with a raised logo.

We are going to switch up the membership page because I think the way its presented now makes people think they have to pay to get in, which you don't. You do have to contribute to the community though...unless you don't want to then you can enjoy the benefits of the Society!

Hope that clears it up a bit.
Steve

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I have... stuff.

I wonder where I will end up in the hierarchy of the K-nig-hits.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

serleran wrote:I have... stuff.

I wonder where I will end up in the hierarchy of the K-nig-hits.
Well, if not at the top, I am not sure what the point of the whole thing was.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com