Quest for the Tesseract

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
jdizzy001
Ulthal

Quest for the Tesseract

Post by jdizzy001 »

All cards on the table, I haven't role played in over two years, I was working on a Master's degree in Social Work with an emphasis on individual therapy. Well, I'm done with that now and have suddenly found myself with some free time. So, my son and I started a brief campaign. I borrowed from Mario world and Legend of Zelda to come up with The Quest for the Tesseract.

The campaign is divided into 8 session with each one featuring a unique environment (Water, snow, lava, mountain, etc) and the collection of a Shard of the Tesseract. We must collect the 6 shards before the villain Darkstar can. With the power of the Tesseract Darkstar would be able to control the Land unchallenged as the Tesseract is an artifact of unimaginable power (naturally).

Anyways, I had forgotten how delightfully easy C&C is to CK and play. What a great game. Just enough crunch to be an RPG without detracking from the story, and as such one does not get bogged down in a myriad of rules and special circumstances. When in doubt, make a siege check. So easy! Well done Trolls, well done!

maximus
Lore Drake

Re: Quest for the Tesseract

Post by maximus »

Welcome back! Sounds like a great idea for a mini campaign. I'm sure your son will have fun with it.

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Re: Quest for the Tesseract

Post by jdizzy001 »

My son has collected three shards now, but the best part is that he is so excited to play! The first thing he asks in the morning is, "dad, can we play castles and crusades?" Who can say no!

As it is just me and my son with no additional support, I'm testing an idea for the fighter. As I loved the fighters role in dnd 4e, I wanted to adopt a defender type for cnc. I borrowed from the riposte advantage in the ckg and came up with a new ability for the fighter called protect. Once per round if a baddy adjacent to the fighter attacks an ally, the fighter may make a str based siege check (CL equals baddy's HD). If he succeeds the atk is negated. If the check fails, the atk proceeds as normal. The idea being that the fighter intervenes and stops the attack. It made for some great cinematic action last night as my fighter blocked the hammer fist of an earth elemental who tried to attack my son's ranger who was backing up to take a shot at the creature!