The Passing of John Wright

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

The Passing of John Wright

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Hi guys, I just want to share some sad news.

John Wright, who was instrumental in the creation of both the C&C Society and the Domesday Book, passed away last night.

His wife Mona, who was also a big proponent of C&C in the early years, relayed that news via Facebook this morning.

John and Mona were fixtures at those first GaryCons and both were great embassadors to the game. John was one of the finest CK’s/DM’sI have ever had the luxury of gaming with. He was also just a kind man and a fine friend.

Sadly, he and his family had to relocate from WI after the Scott Walker business (both were educators) and moved to Louisianna to continue their careers, which ultimately forced them to curtail their adventures in Lake Geneva and in the Society.

I know I had always hoped for another chance to throw dice with John.

He will be missed.

Peace,
Morty
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: The Passing of John Wright

Post by Rigon »

Holy man...

That is so sad to hear. John was a great GM and guy. I gamed with him a couple of times at different Cons. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word.

He will truly be missed.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007