A Quick Few Words on the Society

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
seskis281
Lore Drake

A Quick Few Words on the Society

Post by seskis281 »

I do want to point out a couple of things as I happen to get various emails and communications asking "why don't we do this, why don't we do that?" - and lots of good ideas are thrown out. I would ask that 1st we concentrate on what we're already doing.... we have two ongoing Society projects in the first Muse's Market Contest and the Grimoire Crusadus that need finishing first, and keeping the Domesday Book going along with what I think has been some very good growth.

We are, 1st and foremost, just an open fan society, whose e-products are designed to allow for the myriad of different RPG and general game tastes in general to be expressed by those who submit. We WON"T be evolving into a secondary print/publishing entity looking to expand into printed materials, although all individual authors retain the rights to do this with their own material (so long as they have license to do so) - our own permissions from companies are granted as long as we are just producing free online material.

Beyond that, there's just the practicality for myself and those doing the lion's share of the work on things - the same issues that Coleston recently posted about with BHP - this is something I and others do out of a passion and love for the hobby, and it is hard sometimes because our passionate members are gifted and have strong in "ideas" for new things, but we are still just in the infancy of real participation outside of a few people. We have grown greatly from where we started, but we are still learning to walk - not run and do gymnastics . We brainstormed and came up with the Contest and the idea of Netbooks a LONG time ago, and we still lack the completion of these endeavors - we are getting there, but it is a slow process and patience is a must!

So what do I hope and want for us?

1. To continue producing beneficial Domesday Books semi-quarterly as ezines online.

2. To complete the Grimoire Crusadus and to move to other "Netbooks" in the future.

3. To use our increased relationships and ties with TLG (with the coming new site) to offer more concrete benefits for members.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY - To get Society members to organize GameDays and local events in their own areas under the auspices of the Society, increasing games, tournaments and demos. New logo/Society regalia will help, and we hope to establish regular presences at some of the bigger cons....

That's my little spiele for now - Alea Iacta Est!

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com