Gen Con (Pre-)Registration

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
ArgoForg
Red Cap

Gen Con (Pre-)Registration

Post by ArgoForg »

For those who are way too early for everything, pre-registration opens Sunday, January 23rd at noon.

There is, of course, plenty of time to register before May, when event registration begins, and June 18th, when the badge prices go up.

This will be GC's first year at the brand new Convention Center, and the new Mariott will be up, running, and a hamster tube away for all of you out-of-townie sorts. Last year was a blast, and even if I can't afford as much swag as last year, I hope to be there for the games (and to tout C&C to anyone who will listen. :mrgreen: )
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Gen Con (Pre-)Registration

Post by Omote »

Nice one Argo.

I'm looking forward to their FINALLY being more hotel space up in downtown Indy. Thank the GODS! I stayed at the Staybridge last year and it was just too far to walk in 95*F heat! On the other side of the coin I was close to the strip club... wait, what? ;)

Looking forward to getting more C&C in this year, and a few other quintessential GenCon games. Already looking forward to seeing old friends and new ones alike. The Gamer Vacation can't get here soon enough. ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

I heard a lot of gripes about staying at the Staybridge last year; it was definitely the furthest away from the action of the major downtown staples. And from what I gather, with the move, Gen Con's even a little further away from Staybridge this year... take that as you will.

I just ordered my own badges with ye olde holiday bonus, so I am an official definite. I am hoping to introduce a few new players to C&C at the con, if possible, even if it means throwing together an informal game or two sometime over that weekend. It will also be the first Gen Con for my Lovely Fiancee™ to get a chance to enjoy, so I'm naturally pretty stoked.

Oh. Yeah, I guess it is still only January, isn't it? ;)
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

the best year at indy gencon was when the airport hotels ran buses every 1/2 hour to and from the convention center. you could get a room for 70 bucks and free transportatin to the con. I guess the con andcity cannot resolve who should pay for the busses so it hasent happened since. oh well.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Don't get me wrong. The Staybridge has great rooms (plenty of space for parties or gaming groups) and a really good meeting/conference center. But yeah, the walk... You'd see gamers trying to get to the convention center and/or back to Staybridge catching on fire and or just collapsing in waves during their journey. ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

It's looking like I'll be there. I hope to see you cats there!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Aw yeah, Brek-a-deddy. It's on like donkey kong.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I have my registration taken care of.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

I'm trying to get there for the first time this year!

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Secured a room at the Hilton this year (same hotel from 2009, didn't go last year).
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Probably not making GenCon this year. GaryCon is on my list, and possibly TrollCon.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

I'll be there, sitting at the TLG booth making change. Maybe running some C&C goodness at one of the local taverns. Maybe just pretending to run C&C goodness while drinking copious amounts of lager. Maybe even not pretending.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Hey Omote, I will be there. I hope to sit in on a game with Taco-John again...more Thacian goodness and hopefully a wizard with a marble fettish.

I would like to play some C&C as well.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Snoring Rock wrote:Hey Omote, I will be there. I hope to sit in on a game with Taco-John again...more Thacian goodness and hopefully a wizard with a marble fettish.

I would like to play some C&C as well.
Haha. You indeed have a good memory, sir! I'm looking forward to John's game already myself. I hope we can all get together again. Thracian marble countertops for everybody!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ok, so is the Con not being held in the convention center? The map looks different and the reservations I have for the Hyatt state I will be .9 miles from the Con. Anyone have the scoop?

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Umm...so will there be any C&C games on the grid, or will I need to find off-grid games? I dont want to watch, I want in.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

@Snoring Rock, re: convention center.

It is being held at Indy's convention center... the kicker is that it's Indy's new convention center. I don't know, proximity-wise, how close it is to the old one, but I know there is a big to-do about the grand opening. I think it may be a little closer to Lucas Oil stadium, but it seems that the vast portions of my out-of-the-home time are spent at work, rather than investigating my surroundings.

There were C&C games on the grid last year. I'm hopeful there are more this year. Even if there's not, I'm hoping to find what haunted hideaway the off the grid ones are at, and what sort of code phrases I'll need to know to get into the inner circle to join them.

Or barring that, dammit, I'll start my own. :twisted:

brotherdew
Ungern

Post by brotherdew »

Ben and I are hoping to go this year. I've never been that far north so this will be an epic journey if it happens.
Bandits DON'T use train tickets.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Yeah, guys, I'm up for some after-hours C&C. Just keep me in the loop! :D

bigironvault
Mist Elf

Post by bigironvault »

Hey guys, angelius here. Had good time gaming as a gladiator last year. Will be back again this year. Hope to meet the rest of all of you this year!

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Great times! Do not get in the way of the gladiator twins' fists of fury! :D

Just got a message a couple days ago that Gen Con event submission is shortly to come to an end. (March 11)

If that sort of thing is, y'know, your sort of thing. :mrgreen:

bigironvault
Mist Elf

Post by bigironvault »

So I'm housed at the Mariott this year. Do you guys reckon it's far from the new convention centre?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

If you are referring to the new JW Marriot hotel, it is connected to the convention center. Essentially, it is about 500 feet away. That's pretty nice.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Troll812
Henchman

Post by Troll812 »

I'm new to C&C, but what I have bought so far I really love. However I have yet to get in a good game.
I'm going to GenCon this year and really want to find a few games to play in.
Is Troll Lord going to have any "official games" going on or ... will it just be independent GMs running things.
Also, do you guys need help with anything, I would love to lend a hand if you need anything.

Finally I noted last year that Troll Lord had some cool events, like the thing you did at the restaurant.... you going to do something like that again this year? I would like to go to something like that this year.

T

finerion
Mist Elf

Post by finerion »

I've been trying to go to Gen Con for so many years now I cannot count them all. Maybe this will be the year where it finally comes together? And what better way to spend Gen Con than hanging out with the Troll Lords and the Crusaders?
Check out my video series and blog on video games and roleplaying.

The Alfred Effect

Follow me on Twitter

bigironvault
Mist Elf

Post by bigironvault »

Omote wrote:If you are referring to the new JW Marriot hotel, it is connected to the convention center. Essentially, it is about 500 feet away. That's pretty nice.

~O
Sweetness I won't have to go into the sunlight for 4 days.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

My brother and I officially got our badges today, and even though he lives thirty minutes away, we got a room at the Westin for Friday night so we could partake in some late night gaming and/or drinking. Last year, my brother and I played in zero games, but ran a couple. This year we want to play much more, but still plan on running some stuff. I will definitely be running some C&C again, but not a tourney. I may be helping the Trolls run some 20 min demo sessions at the booth to show off the Siege Engine mechanic, run one ticketed event, and plan on at least one pickup game of marathon proportions with my old buds from these here forums. Believe it or not, Omote, I have written and playtested some stuff that is actually playable in less than fifty hours this year. lol.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Troll812 wrote:I'm new to C&C, but what I have bought so far I really love. However I have yet to get in a good game.
I'm going to GenCon this year and really want to find a few games to play in.
Is Troll Lord going to have any "official games" going on or ... will it just be independent GMs running things.
Also, do you guys need help with anything, I would love to lend a hand if you need anything.

Finally I noted last year that Troll Lord had some cool events, like the thing you did at the restaurant.... you going to do something like that again this year? I would like to go to something like that this year.

T
Hey Troll812,

First, as Trolls, being only a month late to answer your question is pretty quick. :)

But yes, we are running some "official" stuff. I know Steve told me I'd be running some games at The Ram bar. He had to twist my arm to run C&C games, drinking a beer, at a bar, but I said I'd grit my teeth and make it through. :) Not sure of the schedule as it stand now, but we'll be there, running games and partaking in some liquid refreshment. :twisted:

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Piperdog wrote:Believe it or not, Omote, I have written and playtested some stuff that is actually playable in less than fifty hours this year. lol.
Aight! My man! 8-)

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I have a couple of adventures that are only two hours, including some rping time in there. Not epic stuff, which is my thing, but still fun.