ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Re: ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades

Post by Evilbeeker »

Digital Adventures is happy to announce that sale of v2 of our iCharacter Sheet upgrade for Castle and Crusades is underway!

... and this version has DICE!

The Windows version is now up for sale on RPGNow at:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=92261

iPad and MAC versions are on the horizon.

I haven't had a chance to make a YouTube video for the C&C version yet, but you can watch the one for our d20 product, the dice funtionality is the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX1dwP1TcCg

Enjoy!!!
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
http://www.digitaladventures.net
[email protected]
Twitter: @evilbeeker

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Is this an additional purchase for those with the first version?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

No, this is a free upgrade with new functionality. Please enjoy it!

Stuart

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Woot!

Got yer email and I'm looking forward to seeing the upgrade!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Hm. Keeps locking up when I click "Email." Didn't used to do that...
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Very nifty die roller, I like it!
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Hm. Keeps locking up when I click "Email." Didn't used to do that...
Please send specifics of your OS, default mail, and other systems specs to [email protected].
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Hm. Keeps locking up when I click "Email." Didn't used to do that...
Thanks for your email! Since you sent me a couple of issues, I'll post the queries and answers to the thread for everyone to see: 8-)

1. Keeps locking up when hit email: Not sure why this would happen, but since your re-install fixed it I would offer the same for anyone else that might have this issue. Please make sure all applications are closed when you do the initial upgrade, especially email.

2. As a followup to #1, the issue there I believe was somehow you were hooking into GMAIL as your default email program?? Since GMAIL is technically not a program, it can't be set as a default mail client natively unless you hack the registry (which I cannot support). The alternative that many people I know use is to install Thbunderbird, which can IMAP or POP into GMAIL.

3. No picture file listed in the Windows Mail attachments: This looks like a bug that snuck into the final build somehow. :evil: Sent to Stuart for analysis.

Thank you for the support feedback!
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

And thank you for such quick respondolation! I'm gonna work this thing out when I gets home.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Evilbeeker
Mist Elf

Post by Evilbeeker »

Evilbeeker wrote: 3. No picture file listed in the Windows Mail attachments: This looks like a bug that snuck into the final build somehow. :evil: Sent to Stuart for analysis.
A fix for this issue has been pushed out to Windows version customers!

Enjoy~!
Kevin Melka
Digital Adventures, LLC
[email protected]

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

At the risk of committing thread necromancy, I just wanted to note that the iPad and Mac apps have now also been upgraded to v2, with rolling dice and the ability to hide the CKG Options tab.

Existing purchasers should be able to download the updated version free from the App Store.

Happy New Year!

Stuart

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

StuartW wrote:At the risk of committing thread necromancy, I just wanted to note that the iPad and Mac apps have now also been upgraded to v2, with rolling dice and the ability to hide the CKG Options tab.

Existing purchasers should be able to download the updated version free from the App Store.

Happy New Year!

Stuart
Trollzah!!!

MattyHelms
Ungern

Post by MattyHelms »

Any chance of a version for the Kindle? It would go nicely with my Kindle version of the PHB and M&T.

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

Sorry, the Kindle neither has the processing power nor the open (C++) platform that would allow us to port this app :(

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

StuartW wrote:Sorry, the Kindle neither has the processing power nor the open (C++) platform that would allow us to port this app :(
Well, the only question that remains for me is the possible to do for Android (Honeycomb or ICS)? I don't ever envision myself getting an ipad and I tend to avoid lugging a computer or laptop to my gaming table. I do bring my tablet to the table and have increasingly used it in lieu of books.

;)

M

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

moriarty777 wrote:
StuartW wrote:Sorry, the Kindle neither has the processing power nor the open (C++) platform that would allow us to port this app :(
Well, the only question that remains for me is the possible to do for Android (Honeycomb or ICS)? I don't ever envision myself getting an ipad and I tend to avoid lugging a computer or laptop to my gaming table. I do bring my tablet to the table and have increasingly used it in lieu of books.

;)

M
Are you talking about the actual app or having the character sheets available to you?
If it's the latter then use something like Dropbox or Box.Net to synchronise the HTML file between your PC and the android tablet then you can open the file in a web browser as normal (this is what I do for my group).

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Arakor wrote:Are you talking about the actual app or having the character sheets available to you?
If it's the latter then use something like Dropbox or Box.Net to synchronise the HTML file between your PC and the android tablet then you can open the file in a web browser as normal (this is what I do for my group).
I was talking about the actual app. I do employ PDF charactersheets (filled) for my use on my tablet but most of the time, I tend to keep that on paper.

M

StuartW
Skobbit

Post by StuartW »

I'm afraid we cannot port this to Android, as it uses Java as the programming language whereas our source code is C/C++. Android does have a C/C++ native environment, but that doesn't support access to the device API. If all that sounds like techno-babble, the short answer is 'no'.

Stuart

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Any chance this will every be in Droid format? I would love to run this on my Kindle. One of my players runs it on his iPad.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

StuartW wrote:I'm afraid we cannot port this to Android, as it uses Java as the programming language whereas our source code is C/C++. Android does have a C/C++ native environment, but that doesn't support access to the device API. If all that sounds like techno-babble, the short answer is 'no'.

Stuart
You'll probably want to rework for 'droid as that platform, over the next couple of years, will start to become dominant...
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Arduin wrote:
StuartW wrote:I'm afraid we cannot port this to Android, as it uses Java as the programming language whereas our source code is C/C++. Android does have a C/C++ native environment, but that doesn't support access to the device API. If all that sounds like techno-babble, the short answer is 'no'.

Stuart
You'll probably want to rework for 'droid as that platform, over the next couple of years, will start to become dominant...
Become? Android is over 50% of the market right now.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

redwullf wrote: Become? Android is over 50% of the market right now.
Yes, I know. I meant in terms of even replacing laptops in what people are using for portable computing.

(side note: in early '11 I predicted droid dominance in the tablet space by mid '12. To much laughter by my tech press friends)

House Rules

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Arduin wrote:
redwullf wrote: Become? Android is over 50% of the market right now.
Yes, I know. I meant in terms of even replacing laptops in what people are using for portable computing.

(side note: in early '11 I predicted droid dominance in the tablet space by mid '12. To much laughter by my tech press friends)
I don't know if Droid dominance is possible in the tablet space in 2012. I think iPad still holds about 60% of the market (unverified) and most 2011 predictions didn't anticipate the Fire.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

redwullf wrote: I don't know if Droid dominance is possible in the tablet space in 2012. I think iPad still holds about 60% of the market (unverified) and most 2011 predictions didn't anticipate the Fire.
'droid based tablets are at 50% right now (unit sales). iPad is 50%...

House Rules

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

Code: Select all

#Invoke-ThreadNecromancy
Looking at the DA website, they've got a list of priorities that they want to hit in 2012: http://digitaladventures.net/da2012.html
Import-Export features: Many of our customers have expressed and interest in being able to move their characters from one device to another, and rest assured that this is at the top of our enhancement list.
Now this is the one that would get me to splash out on a second-hand iPad and buy that version. The ability to update the characters on my PC, export them to file and then sync those files to the iPad before reading them in, would encourage me to use an iPad at the table rather than my Archos.
Printing Resources: We continue to look at the best ways for our iCS product to go from digital to paper form; however, there many challenges involved with this request. Our HTML export option is currently the only printing device we've been able to duplicate successfully on all three OS platforms. In 2012 we hope to expan this functionality, so stay tuned.
Hmmm ... looks interesting. Perhaps this will address the issue you've got, redwullf.

Just as a suggestion, have you guys looked at hooking into the Dropbox or Box.net API?
I'm envisioning a setting whereby we can choose to export to HTML and have the file and portrait by dropped directly into a cloud-based folder.
In terms of the Import/Export features, the same functionality could be leveraged to enable easy synchronisation between devices.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Re: ICharacter Sheet ~ Castles & Crusades (Available)

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Having a newer laptop, ported all apps, software, and files. (Remember when apps, software, and files were almost all called the same thing?) This one, however, wants to be reinstalled with the msi file, and the registration number added.

Unfortunately, after three years I no longer have that number.

The file is no longer on DTRpgNow, and has been scrubbed from my Library. Writing to Digital Adventures got no response. Did this company die the sad death of so many RPG companies?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Having a newer laptop, ported all apps, software, and files. (Remember when apps, software, and files were almost all called the same thing?) This one, however, wants to be reinstalled with the msi file, and the registration number added.

Unfortunately, after three years I no longer have that number.

The file is no longer on DTRpgNow, and has been scrubbed from my Library. Writing to Digital Adventures got no response. Did this company die the sad death of so many RPG companies?
I would say yes. I was looking into seeing if it had updates, etc... a few months ago and noticed they had completely disappeared.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

We'll now have a moment of silence.

((silence, silence, silence))

RPG support is a tough way to make a living.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet