*TLG WISH LIST* ~ Let the Trolls know what YOU want to see!

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
kreider204
Unkbartig

Re: *TLG WISH LIST* ~ Let the Trolls know what YOU want to s

Post by kreider204 »

C&C Al-Qadim!

Just Jeff
Red Cap

Post by Just Jeff »

I'd like a catalog that provides a very short description of each product. I'd like those descriptions to make it clear which products are made to fit together, which can be easily put together, and which are truly separate items. (I've had some problems with that on both my major shopping sprees.)

I'd also like a good video of one of Steve's 18-player con games. :D

Grey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Grey »

C&C Al-Qadim!
C&C version of Oriental Adventures!
Oooh, these gave me a good idea for another "wish" product(s) ~ alternate "setting" books with some new genre/ setting appropriate classes/ tweaks to current classes (including multi-class and class-and-a-half guidance as to what class combinations work and what abilities are/ are not available), spell lists, monsters etc...
E.g. an "Arabian Nights" with classes for "sailors", desert nomads (barbarian tweak?), more detailed rules for Jinn; An "Arthurian" setting with more restricted magic, different Knight based classes; Ancient Greece, Epic Chinese fantasy ... and so on through a range of mythical and fantasy settings!

Geleg
Ulthal

Post by Geleg »

I'm going to step out on a limb and ask for new adventures set someplace other than Aihrde, and written by some new voices. There are a lot of talented OSR adventure writers out there who might be persuaded to offer some more vanilla fantasy for C&C, if approached and properly enticed.
My C&C campaign journal: Hard Times in Narsileon http://www.trolllord.com/forums/viewtop ... 22&t=11032
My OSRIC/1e campaign journal: Expedition to Arden Vul http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 26&t=59080

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Either a C&C SRD or an art-free price-free PDF of the Player's Handbook. Virtually any of the other major FRPG contendors can be played at no cost (3.x/PFRPG via the SRD, Labyrinth Lord, Dark Dungeons, Basic Fantasy RPG, OSRIC, S&W, etc). I think C&C can open the door to more players (or make it an easier sell for us CKs trying to switch our players from another game/edition) by offering some sort of free electronic option.

I know, I know, it's a terrible business idea and most of those I mentioned above get away with it because they're not in it for the money. But, would a no-cost art-free PDF really break the bank? /shrug
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Tomb of Horrors, TLG-style. I wanna see the Wet-Your-Pants of dungeons, the one everyone talks about with tones of dread and wry chuckles as they detail the myriad ways the characters in their parties (yes, plural) met their fates.

Okay, and a Shady Dragon Inn or Rogue's Gallery, too.

I'm sure there are other things, too. But I hadda get those out. :D
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Location-based, mini-campaigns ala Necromancer Games' "Lost City of Barakus" or "Vault of Larin Karr"

ChaosImp
Hlobane Orc

Post by ChaosImp »

Sir Ironside wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:C&C version of Oriental Adventures!

:)
C&C version of; Planescape!
Yeah! +1 for Planescape.
Also a Mega-dungeon like undermountain set in the Haunted Highlands, which reminds me whatever happend to that? I haven't seen any HH in a while.

IMP

Galannor
Mist Elf

Post by Galannor »

Sometime ago someone wrote on this board about a product called "Adventurer's Backpack", or something like that, a supplement with new classes and more options for the existing ones ( a la Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide): I would definetely like to see a product like this, in the line of the Crusader's Companion! :D
G.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Oh, and a fresh update to the Whitebox Edition - perhaps even in a book form rather than a box.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

And a "good girl" artbook of Peter's. Something tasteful with warrior babes in kilts and stuff like that.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

cuchulainkevin wrote:And a "good girl" artbook of Peter's. Something tasteful with warrior babes in kilts and stuff like that.
And a naughty girl art book too. :twisted:

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

These last two posts gave me an idea. A while back, Mr. Larry Elmore came out with the The Elmore Character Clip Art and Color Customizing Studio. It's a fantastic product. I think it'd be pretty cool to see the "Peter Bradley Character Clip Art and Color Customizing Studio!"

I thought this was the most ingenious idea ever (in my fractured mind, anyway :P) when it came out. In my opinion, there's only one thing better than to have Larry Elmore draw a character portrait of you, and that's having a repository of Larry Elmore portraits to choose from when making a character! :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'd Like to see more monsters, more spells, and more adventures in the Drakenfold.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

Airships
Immortal play (like Wrath of the Immortals)
Races
Classes
Equipment
Spellbook (classic spells from SRD)
Fey
Lycanthropes
Monster Book (rest of the classics from SRD and ToH)

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

The more I reference the Crusader's Companion, the more I think it should be in print. The thing is so well done.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

I'll second that! :mrgreen:
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Relaxo wrote:

I'll second that! :mrgreen:
Just for reference, pretty interesting blog post about the original Oriental Adventures by TSR over at the Greyhawk Grognard. Might be a worthwhile read for those involved in doing the C&C: OA Project. Here is the link:

http://greyhawkgrognard.blogspot.com/20 ... ental.html
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

redwullf wrote:
cuchulainkevin wrote:And a "good girl" artbook of Peter's. Something tasteful with warrior babes in kilts and stuff like that.
I've had one out for some time. 8-)
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

gideon_thorne wrote:
redwullf wrote:
But, the Books and Cards page at Ravenchilde Illustrations says "Under Construction." :(

SaveVsFail
Mist Elf

Post by SaveVsFail »

Streamline the prime/secondary 12/18 stuff.
Change the XP per hitpoint on monsters to a flat rate.

I think it's pretty obvious just by the number of threads on these two things alone in the last 2 weeks that the rules need to be cleaned up. The mechanics work fine, but there needs to be some polishing.

Artbooks would be cool too.
Also, something with monkeys, monkeys make everything better.
Heroes aren't born. They're cornered.
"We aren't pirates... We're pro-active salvage enthusiasts." Lord-Captain Horatio Aloysius Drax
http://www.savevsfail.com/

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Thanks for the tip!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

redwullf wrote:
gideon_thorne wrote:
redwullf wrote:
But, the Books and Cards page at Ravenchilde Illustrations says "Under Construction." :(
Ha! Thought I fixed that ages ago. Eh.. too much going on at once. I'm getting addle brained.

Fixed http://www.ravenchilde.com/books_and_cards

I should be adding various bookmarks and such later. 8-)
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

gideon_thorne wrote:Ha! Thought I fixed that ages ago. Eh.. too much going on at once. I'm getting addle brained.

Fixed http://www.ravenchilde.com/books_and_cards

I should be adding various bookmarks and such later. 8-)
Thanks, Peter. You can't see it here in the post, but I'm bowing deeply out of respect to you and your art. :)

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

trashheap wrote:
Willy Rat wrote:I second (or is it third?) this idea of the 'lone wolf' adventures. One CC, one PC. Some opportunities for deep role playing.
The Lone Wolf gamebooks were not 1 CC 1 PC , but one person solo adventures with the book as GM. That being said, I would love a solo gamebook C&C style using some of the SEIGE mechanics as it's basis. I would buy that up like candy. (I currently collect the Lone Wolf remakes Mongoose Publishing has been printing.)
I have some experience with this.

If the Trolls would print them, I would write them.

In order to best cater to you guys though, if I ever got the greenlight, there may have to be a few changes to combat (seeing C&C is a Multiplayer game rather than a single player, mechanics would only be changed to enable single player combat), and so I'd turn here to see how well certain aspects would go over, or what suggestions people may have.

How many sections?

Do you want it more of a basic game...or full up complexity?

My thoughts also, depending on time it could initially be put on e-book/pdf format and then later if demand was high enough, in print form.

Once again, only if Trolls would approve it and give the go ahead with it though.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Troll Lord wrote:We've long considered letting you build a book...within reason.

So for instance, you wanted the PH and MT in a book (non flip), then you place an order for said book. Because we own our own print facility we can do this. We can do it perfect bound, even hardback when we get that binder back online.

Two things have slowed us...well normal crap that never ceases to cascade down no TLG, as with any business...that being the cover and price. Pricing would be hard to do on our platform, and the cover would as well. The most logical way would be have you send in an order like this "I would like the players handbook and MT bound together with the PH cover" or some such thing. we would price it at 48,000.00 lira and send invoice.

It seems clunky and gets worse when we attempt to get the UV coating on the cover.

But that is an idea, if enough are interested we can institute. I could get Todd to handle it and Davis and Mark to print and ship it and I could go watch episodes of Walking Dead! :lol: :lol:

Steve
I find this very confusing so please explain what I'm missing here . Why are you not doing print on demand at RPG Drive thru? Do they charge you, the company, too much to do this service? I look at a company like say White Wolf a softcover is around 15-20 dollars and a hardback is 20-40 depending on the page count and color (which all of your books are in black and white). I'm not saying don't print anymore, but only do runs to get the books out to gaming stores and what not and everyone else orders their own on print on demand.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

nightstorm wrote:Why are you not doing print on demand at RPG Drive thru? Do they charge you, the company, too much to do this service?
I guess you could look at it as charging too much. But, it is better understood that the profit margin is much, much smaller than doing bulk orders through a printer. Assuming you are going to be using the same book price that is offered through the TLG store or at a bick and mortar. To get the same margin the POD book becomes so much more expensive to produce. TLG either has to pass it on to the consumer (Which would be a horrible idea) or drop their profit margin so low it wouldn't be worth it. Lulu, Drivethru POD's are good for the little guy that can't afford bulk orders and don't have the space or distribution to move the books.

I don't recall any big company that uses POD's except Steve Jackson Games. And, they aren't really going the POD route, they are really doing small print runs (Like around 5000) for GURPS pdf's that reach a certain hallmark that warrants a real book status.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Thats the short of it. Print on Demand costs way too much to outsource. 8-)

Indigo Rose
Red Cap

Post by Indigo Rose »

Ancalagon wrote:
kreider204 wrote:Seriously, I would love to see a C&C version of the old Rogues Gallery. I'd be cool for the Troll Lords, and maybe even some of the forum denizens, to include their own characters, with detailed descriptions of their personalities, backgrounds, past exploits, etc.
I really like this one!
I'll place a third vote for a C&C Rogue's Gallery! I always enjoyed my old TSR one, looking at the characters belonging to Gary, Ernie, Rob, etc. and trying to imagine what their game sessions were like. And they were fantastic go-to NPCs to drop into a campaign once in a while.
Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

gideon_thorne wrote:Thats the short of it. Print on Demand costs way too much to outsource. 8-)
Who would have thought? Learn something new everyday. But now that I know that, then it makes sense why White wolf will only make certain titles pod and not others.