GameHoleCon!

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
timburns
Ulthal

GameHoleCon!

Post by timburns »

Con! Trolls Tylermo, James McCormick, and James M. Ward will be attending the first annual GameHoleCon. http://www.gameholecon.com You can check out their gaming schedule on our calendar, http://www.trolllord.com/cons and see which games to get in on . Who all is going?

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Re: GameHoleCon!

Post by Dracyian »

I know I will be there, running two games, friday afternoon and saturday morning, of YARR and I am sitting in Tylermo and Troll James games too and got in an Ernie Gygax game on Saturday, so it will be a fun fun fun weekend :D

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Expect us early to mid-morning Friday, as we'll be driving in Troll One for 8 hours to get there. Jaclyn (a.k.a. Lady Troll) will be along for the ride, as well. See you there!

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Mona and I will be there Friday nite through Sun. early, mainly planning on gaming in Ernie's OD&D game on Sat. and Frank's Lich Dungeon, but if we get in early enough Fri. nite we'll see if there are any open seats in the Fri. nite C&C games.
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Happy Halloween and see you all tomorrow :D

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

In Madison for Gamehole con...

Mona and I decided to splurge and went downtown for sirloin and fillet...

Talked to Tyler and scoped out the new print books I need... watched some of Tyler running Dwarven Glory for Dracyian and what looked like a good table (but it looked like he was channeling Jim Ward... I didn't see the end but it was looking deadly). Ended the evening chatting with Ernie G. at the bar... drinks a little watered down and overpriced but good company and stories.

Actual gaming today... Ernie's Original Hobby Shop dungeon and later Frank Mentzer's lich dungeon :)

8-)
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

A good little con... had fun in some great games, though I feel bad about my OD&D hobbit fightingman leading the party to certain doom in the Lich Dungeon :?

Looked like Tyler and James had some good tables for C&C. I endeded up dropping about $100 on print stuff I didn't have - the Codex Celtarum, Rune Lore, recent mods, some of the really nice character sheets. I also spent some time talking with Harold Johnson about the Nexus con starting up in Milwaukee next summer... definitely going to look to run some C&C there.

Glad there's more WI cons starting up... easier to make at least part of Gamehole when it's close.

:evil:
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

seskis281 wrote:A good little con... had fun in some great games, though I feel bad about my OD&D hobbit fightingman leading the party to certain doom in the Lich Dungeon :?
Walter was right there behind you to keep you alive during our Norc encounter
seskis281 wrote:Looked like Tyler and James had some good tables for C&C. I endeded up dropping about $100 on print stuff I didn't have - the Codex Celtarum, Rune Lore, recent mods, some of the really nice character sheets. I also spent some time talking with Harold Johnson about the Nexus con starting up in Milwaukee next summer... definitely going to look to run some C&C there.

Glad there's more WI cons starting up... easier to make at least part of Gamehole when it's close.

:evil:
I went back in Sunday morning Picked up Rune Lore, the Codex (haven't started looking at it yet) caught up on the A-series and Tylermo's signature is in my A12 now only twelve more to go, also got Tainted Lands and managed to get Jim to sign it, very welcoming and kind gentleman, kind of betraying the type of DM he is

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Also I have pictures of James game Sunday morning, if you want them shoot me a pm with your email