Aergraith's Gap Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Aergraith's Gap Game

Post by alcyone »

I mean, that was what I was hoping, but I didn't want to be so bold as to spell it out.
I could conceivably run the game on the 8th anyway, filling with some local unfortunate of my acquaintance. Or if Mark is available, that'd be fine. I'll run for 3, but 2 would probably mean certain doom.

I guess I could start the party with a Deck of Many Things. That fixes most issues in short order.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aergraith wrote:I mean, that was what I was hoping, but I didn't want to be so bold as to spell it out.
I could conceivably run the game on the 8th anyway, filling with some local unfortunate of my acquaintance. Or if Mark is available, that'd be fine. I'll run for 3, but 2 would probably mean certain doom.

I guess I could start the party with a Deck of Many Things. That fixes most issues in short order.
I don't know too many campaigns that can survive a Deck of Many Things. Someone always gets blown up real good

3 or 4 players is the optimal online size, but unfortunately to get it you must have a "stable" of 6 or so players, and realistically a main DM and a back up DM. Then you are golden

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Yeah, I am sort of dooming this game by restricting it to players of Nate's game, but the purpose is just to keep the group together if Nate has an extended absence. Really, I should ditch the modules and do a picaresque sandbox where anyone can come and go. Then you can go all Fafhrd and Grey Mouser when there are 2.

If I open the game up, then there will be people who are in my game and not Nate's, and they will have to schedule to appear on Nate's nights, with the likelihood that they will not have a game to play; I don't think I can keep a group of understudies interested.

By the way, I am open to running something other than Mysterious Tower. That was just a random decision; I've run it before so thought it would be fairly simple, and the Goodman C&C modules don't seem to get much love (but I didn't know about the Castle Whiterock game at the time.)

If I only have one person on a given night, I can run them through O2 - Blade of Vengeance. I have Erystelle of Dorneryll statted as a Knight/Wizard and have the maps in Roll20.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Aramis wrote:
Demiurge wrote:
Aergraith wrote:Can everyone make the games on the 8th and 22nd 11th and 25th? Nwelte's game won't be happening those days.

Is your friend playing, Jay?

Still need a character from Demiurge.
I'm in. I will try to get a character ready this weekend.
Is Mark looking to rejoin?
I will see him Saturday and will ask.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Aramis wrote: I don't know too many campaigns that can survive a Deck of Many Things. Someone always gets blown up real good
Maybe I could take it down to 5 'good' cards and 1 'bad', DoMT roulette..

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I have a friend here who is willing to fill in for Jay (is such a thing possible?) on Sunday, but he'd have to cancel other plans. I think we should have at least 3 to run. If Demiurge and Aramis are in I'll tell him we're playing. If Mark is playing, he should post a character.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

I'm in.

I keep running into day-long house hold projects that are diverting me from important stuff like creating a character. I'll have one posted when I finish wrestling with the kitchen sink. Tomorrow morning at the latest.

I also sent Mark a reminder email, so hopefully I'll hear from him soon.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Awesome!

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

So ze game, she is on?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Yes, 7pm Central Sunday, I think you have the roll20 link, we can coordinate Skype from there.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

For this Sunday there will be a halfling rogue tagging along. So far it looks like he will be here just for one session.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

For your consideration, here is my human monk.

Kato

Str: 14 +1
Dex: 17 +2
Con: 14 +1
Int: 12 -
Wis: 13 +1
Cha: 14 +1
Primes: Str, Dex, Con

Race: Human
Class: Monk
Level: 4
XP: 12,000

AC: 18
HP: 6 temp/35
Move: 40

BtH: +3
HtH To Hit: +5
HtH Damage: 1d8+3

Monk Abilities:
*Iron Body: +2 saves vs. dosease, poison, paralysis, polymorph, petrification, & death attack.
*Stun Attack: 1/day per level. Must declare before attack. Victim must make a CON save or be unable to act for 1d4 rounds.
*Deflect Missiles: DEX check. Counts as an unarmed attack.
*Iron Fists: Unarmed attacks count as +1 magic weapons for the purposes of hitting creatures only hit by magic weapons (no bonus to hit or damage).
*Slow Fall: If within 10' of a wall while falling, damage is reduced by 20'.

Money:
PP 33
GP 73
SP 33
CP 33

4 Skeleton keys ??

Items:
+1 Cestus
Bracers of Armor +2
Dusty Rose Ioun Stone (+1 insight bonus to AC)
Expert Sling 1d4+1, 50' range
Dagger 1d4
Pouch with 10 sling stones
Haversack (not handy)
Chalk
Sewing kit
Whistle
Flute
Blanket
2 Water skins
7 day's iron rations
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

[quote="Demiurge"]For your consideration, here is my human monk. I haven't come up with a name yet.

Kato!

:lol:

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Temp HP are just one more hit die, so if you roll a 1d10 for your HD, roll once more for temp hp.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Throwing Stars as per Oriental Adventures. Spikes or Small are 1d4, Large are 1d6, and I'll permit them for the Illusionist/Cleric. Range 10'.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Characters/avatars/tokens are up. If you object to your token, have a 70x70 token ready.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aergraith wrote:Throwing Stars as per Oriental Adventures. Spikes or Small are 1d4, Large are 1d6, and I'll permit them for the Illusionist/Cleric. Range 10'.
What about Cure light wounds. Can I spontaneously convert other cleric spells to cures? It tends to make clerics more playable, but also means HPs are easier to come by because most clerics end the day with a few spare spells which they can convert

This will be an "interesting" * mix of classes. We lack both front line fighters (i.e. tanks) and wizards (i.e. artillery). Could be a short session :lol: . Plus we can neither detect magic, nor identify the functioning of any of the mysterious items we find. We are essentially a gathering of bandits and mad men, comprised of (at best) "miscellaneous" classes, in a world they can neither comprehend or control

*- ancient Fu Ling Yu curse: may you live in interesting times

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I usually don't do spontaneous cures. You have two spell lists, and both could cure (though I think you didn't take any Illusionist cures.) I'll cogitate on it for a bit.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Given our group size, and the spontaneity of Sun Wukong, you may substitute cures. Man, I feel like I've gone soft. i feel like I should at least put in a Wisdom check modified by spell level in, but we'll start off without.

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Aramis wrote:
Demiurge wrote:For your consideration, here is my human monk. I haven't come up with a name yet.

Kato!

:lol:
That works! :D
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Aramis wrote: This will be an "interesting" * mix of classes. We lack both front line fighters (i.e. tanks) and wizards (i.e. artillery). Could be a short session :lol: . Plus we can neither detect magic, nor identify the functioning of any of the mysterious items we find. We are essentially a gathering of bandits and mad men, comprised of (at best) "miscellaneous" classes, in a world they can neither comprehend or control
You can hire torchbearers and men-at-arms to shore up your numbers. Some limited healing is available, and you should be able to find hirelings in Ironvale to identify anything.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Oh, and I discounted Jay because of the Con, but if he still has the energy he's welcome tonight. I think on Sunday after a Con most people are half dead.

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aergraith wrote:Oh, and I discounted Jay because of the Con, but if he still has the energy he's welcome tonight. I think on Sunday after a Con most people are half dead.
It's Con weekend. Jay won't be tired, but he may be a little "sleepy" ;)

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Aergraith wrote:Given our group size, and the spontaneity of Sun Wukong, you may substitute cures. Man, I feel like I've gone soft. i feel like I should at least put in a Wisdom check modified by spell level in, but we'll start off without.

Given the size and composition of the group, I think we should play it a bit soft today. I was thinking about the spontaneous cure thing a bit, and an alternative is you can convert, but only in the hurly burly of combat or its immediate aftermath, when you cry out for aid and it is granted. But you can't do it sitting around the campfire that night and realising you still have a 2nd and two 1sts in your spell bag. That might be a bit more conservative, but for tonight, softer is probably best

Also, do you have a 2nd level cure? PHB does not, we usualy do and call it cure moderate (2d8)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Aramis wrote: Also, do you have a 2nd level cure? PHB does not, we usualy do and call it cure moderate (2d8)
I do now. I'll add it to my house rules.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Hi guys!

Just got settled in at the hotel after driving from Dallas to San Antonio, and need to get some food in me and then crash (which is the secret to my svelte figure). My flight leaves at 0538. What sort of idiot arranged that? Anyway, have fun! Kick some XP for me. :)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

jaybird216 wrote:Hi guys!

Just got settled in at the hotel after driving from Dallas to San Antonio, and need to get some food in me and then crash (which is the secret to my svelte figure). My flight leaves at 0538. What sort of idiot arranged that? Anyway, have fun! Kick some XP for me. :)
Kirrack is at the Blessed Cup nursing a bucket and an ale, muttering something about "Hair o' the dog wut bit me" between drinking and hurling.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Game time, Aramis!

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Game on?